Beatles signed for Rock Band game

NightWoundsTime

Completely, 100% unexpected. The band that hasn't allowed any digital sales thus far, has just signed with Harmonix & MTV for a full game. Hell yeah. This totally kills Guitar Hero's Metallica release next year. Still looking forward to that one though.

They better have the whole Side 2 of Abbey Road, uninterrupted!

SWEET! Was wondering if they were eventually going to pick a game.

They chose correctly. The new full band Guitar Hero is trailing far behind Rock Band in the fun factor. There will always be great tracks in both games but I'm happy when Harmonix snaps up my absolute favorites. I really wish Tool & Hendrix had gone their way, but the Beatles make up for it.

Playing Ringo drum parts will be quite a thrill

Most of the game will be easy, but that's the joy of the Beatles. My demand for the second side of Abbey Road is highly influenced by that supremely awesome drum solo in Oh Yeah Alright.

• 2 months later...

Had to share this comment on a news story about Guitar Hero: Metallica.

This is going to rock.

I have been giving lessons on guitar

hero and rock band for a year now.

And my students really are getting good at pressing buttons on these plastic guitars . I tried to learn how to play real guitar years ago but gave up in frustration . Now with guitar hero and Rock band,

I Am the the musician I have always wanted to be,

I also teach drums on guitar hero and rock band when I go into guitar center and see people trying to play real instruments

I shake my head in disbelief and

advise them to give it up and join my music school This game has opened a new world for me being a failed musician. I cannot play a note on a real instrument But on these games I’m better than Jimi Hendrix ,John Bonham , Etc.

Long Live Guitar Hero and Rock Band

BTW

I am not excepting any new students at this time

I’m overbooked

Please please tell me he forgot the <sarcasm> and </sarcasm> tags.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing wrong with the beatles ....i would just like to see some more rock classics like PF and LZ....i mean bringing the beatles is going to get the old school crowd for sure.

I just dont see why they get the beatles, i mean its Rock, but more like very soft rock =) I just think they should have more classic real rock bands before the beatles ehehe.

NOTHING against the beatles or anyone who likes them....im personal not a huge fan of them...however, i do own the white album. =)

nothing wrong with the beatles ....i would just like to see some more rock classics like PF and LZ....i mean bringing the beatles is going to get the old school crowd for sure.

I just dont see why they get the beatles, i mean its Rock, but more like very soft rock =) I just think they should have more classic real rock bands before the beatles ehehe.

NOTHING against the beatles or anyone who likes them....im personal not a huge fan of them...however, i do own the white album. =)

I totally see where you are coming from. To be honest I was surprised they got the Beatles since they usually take a while to sign anything (look at offering their albums digitally ;) ) and it is Rock Band. I'm obviously a Beatles fan, but I do hope like yourself they bring in Pink Floyd and other classic rock bands onboard :)

Agreed Fungi. I would be the first to full combo "Fracture" for sure.

And Dom, seriously, soft rock? Michael Bolton? You're a dick.

A whole game of Pink Floyd wouldn't really work anyway, too much psychedelic nonsense. I'd love a few choice songs but there isn't a full PF album or even say 40 songs that would remain fun to play. A whole game of Led Zeppelin would probably make me want to shoot myself, can only handle so many Plant vocals.

The Beatles are the ultimate fun band, everyone knows the songs and there will be plenty of challenges.

honestly, they are trying to appeal to the older crowd with the beatles.

I wasnt saying EVERY single song from PF, but at least a few from them and LZ over the beatles.

Beatles are soft rock =) i dont consider it rock as we know it now....Same with Elvis...and Bolton.

Hell even Michael Jackson is more ROCK then beatles.

Hell even Michael Jackson is more ROCK then beatles.
Whut? No. Incorrect.

You're thinking "Yesterday" and "Long and Winding Road", but you listen to most anything else off at least the red era ("Help", "Hard Day's Night", "Day Tripper", etc.), and I challenge you to find anything in either MJ's or MB's catalog that "rocks" like that.

Whut? No. Incorrect.

You're thinking "Yesterday" and "Long and Winding Road", but you listen to most anything else off at least the red era ("Help", "Hard Day's Night", "Day Tripper", etc.), and I challenge you to find anything in either MJ's or MB's catalog that "rocks" like that.

Michael actually recorded "Come Together" since he needed to be more rock :D Besides "Come Together", "Back in the U.S.S.R." is pretty rocking among others as dusty mentioned :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I definitely won't be buying the bundle but I may pick up one of the new Gretsch or Rickenbacker replicas to replace my dying GHIII controller.

a.png

1.png

Neither of those are included in the bundle, which is insane. To put together a complete set of Beatles instruments with the game, you'd drop $450.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the official website for the game:

The Beatles: Rock Band

It mentions that every song in Beatles Rock Band comes from the Abbey Road master tapes.

The Venues are cool as well. I wouldn't mind playing at the Cavern Club, Ed Sullivan Show, or Shea Stadium :) The game looks great from the trailer. Can't wait for it to come out

Also the trailer:

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/inc/img/press/video/TBRB_Trailer.mov