America...

postjack

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He reminds be of another bright shining beacon elected for his charisma who got us into vietnam, the bay of pigs, the cuban missile crisis, and who was then assassinated.

I've been saying that since he was elected senator.

I sure hope he does better than JFK.

No, I read it and thought it was worth saying and well said.

Thanks. Its just that living with friends and family who are overwhelmingly republican (I am the sole dem/ind in my entire family, except for two cousins I barely know in Washington state), I've come to a place where I'd rather not damage my relationships with family and friends by trying to convince them of something they will never be convinced of.

Regardless, I am not ashamed to admit I take great joy in this day. I feel like I was born a political cynic, and this election I actually did put myself out there, in a position where I could be emotionally hurt again, like I was with John Kerry 4 years ago, and like I was with John McCain 8 years ago, by supporting Barack Obama. And last night he won. He won big.

I'm so happy to have a man who can think and speak in the highest office of this land.

Its quite difficult to me guys to fit in your opinions. First of all I am not U.S. citizen, live or even been in the States, so hard to say a single shit about the real life, but... I have got some strange suspicion feeling that all these shity years, with Bush I mean, a lot of folks were just soooo tired of it that at the last possible moment you get these two faces and what the fuck you can do or choose, tell me please...To tell you the true, I may vote for Obama to, but listen. In one of his many speeches I heard "Lets go and change the World!" What the fuck is he want to change? This stupid world exist billions of years and nothing, I mean NOTHING, can be changed, imo. Programmed? Yes, but not changed. People make the same mistakes ( at least thats what they make us to believe ) all over again. In 1937 you country had a hard financial time as well, but because of WWII the economy have got an impulse that brought America on TOP. All countries who were dealing with Germany paid in PURE GOLD for everything U.S. could supply. Not that paper fucking, nothing worth money, GOLD, which is the MAN in financial world. Later, after the war were "over" U.S. obligate every possible country ( most Europe ) to see US dollar as gold kind, which means that you can not make any financial move without one. Well, it wasn't to long that France came to U.S. with full loaded U.S. dollars boat to change it for a real GOLD, so they did, but the rest of the countries did the same so U.S. government must stop this, cos the GOLD supply were limited quite fast. Well, what I am trying to say, when you putt a lot of money on the market, money that doesn't have any GOLD back up, that's the begin of the end, imo. The whole financial situation isn't that surprising like they trying to say. So, who is the president of U.S. isn't that matter, the most important thing is, who have programmed the guy and with which program...

I may sound like a lunatic but that's o.k. with me, cos I do not believe in fairytales anymore...

I couldn't give a shit whether you choose to say "Happy Jesus Day" on Easter or any other day. I would laugh a little at how silly I considered that but I would respect your right to say it.

For those of you that want to put a damper on a truly historic happening, would you really have preferred McCain? The times in our history when Dems have been in control of the Presidency and Congress, some pretty good things happened. Will he be perfect, no, do I agree with all his positions, no but I believe he will do some great things. I am far more to the left than he is. At least we have a chance that great things will happen. With the alternative I don't believe we had the same chance.

Happy Obama Day!

Eight years ago I looked at the TV screen and turned to my wife and said, "George W. Bush is evil". Nothing in the last eight years has made me rethink that assessment. Today is like the sun coming up on a new day. I am very, very happy and I do not care who knows it. My guess is a lot of other people feel the same way.

Indeed. Most Americans will embrace him. The haters are the closet racists and general cynics who wish to shit on every one.

He reminds be of another bright shining beacon elected for his charisma who got us into vietnam, the bay of pigs, the cuban missile crisis, and who was then assassinated.

What history book have you been reading?

Seriously, there are some really dumb responses in here. Why is it that being a republican and a conservative inclusive with being irrational and ignorant of the facts?

I certainly don't believe you are a racist but there are plenty out there. I ran into a guy I coached roller hockey with about 5 years ago. We were at our sons ice hockey game and he sees my Obama button and approaches me. He says "Obama"? I said "is there anyone else"? He then starts talking to me about Obama giving reparations to the "blacks" and that this is not good for "white america". I called his comment racist and he just didn't understand. Obviously, this is just one example and certainly not representative of all or anywhere near a majority of McCain supporters but there are plenty out there.

I'm a racist just for wanting someone other than Obama?

Than what am I doing with all these jazz cds :)

Liking Jazz music doesn't make you a friend of Blacks. If you think it does...

Its beyond me how American citizens cannot see that McCain winning the election would have given us four more years of failed republican leadership.

It's about time we got the right guy in office to steer the ship back on course. I believe in a president that represents all of us instead of the religious reich/conservative base (ie. the racists, homophobes and fear mongers) who have run America into the ground.

Liking Jazz music doesn't make you a friend of Blacks. If you think it does...

Its beyond me how American citizens cannot see that McCain winning the election would have given us four more years of failed republican leadership.

It's about time we got the right guy in office to steer the ship back on course. I believe in a president that represents all of us instead of the religious reich/conservative base (ie. the racists, homophobes and fear mongers) who have run America into the ground.

lmfao

so the republican base = racists, homohhobes and fear mongers? It is a litmus test?

You really should just bow out gracefully now.

I certainly don't believe you are a racist but there are plenty out there. I ran into a guy I coached roller hockey with about 5 years ago. We were at our sons ice hockey game and he sees my Obama button and approaches me. He says "Obama"? I said "is there anyone else"? He then starts talking to me about Obama giving reparations to the "blacks" and that this is not good for "white america". I called his comment racist and he just didn't understand. Obviously, this is just one example and certainly not representative of all or anywhere near a majority of McCain supporters but there are plenty out there.

Unfortunately, that's how they are. Irrational isn't even the word, its like that's how their parents raised them which is scarier when they have kids.

lmfao

so the republican base = racists, homohhobes and fear mongers? It is a litmus test?

You really should just bow out gracefully now.

Yeah, I'm dead serious. Did you read about people chanting "He's a nigger" at a Palin rally? Yeah, I thought so....

Daily Kos: Updated:Obama called a n***** at Palin Rally in Iowa? You Decided.(w/poll)

Bow out? Ha! Is that you're way of saying you have nothing substantial to add?