Trouble shooting ipod photo

deepak

I just started using the ipod photo, and I installed the latest iTunes. It was formatted for Mac, so iTunes proceeded to restore it to work with a PC. It downloaded the latest software update and then it asked me to plug in the power cable for the ipod dock. It was plugged in, and an image of a power adapter going into an outlet appears on the ipod screen.

Now I'm not able to get beyond that screen. And the ipod isn't showing up in iTunes anymore. I tried switching USB ports, restarting iTunes, and restarting my computer and it won't go beyond that screen.

I also tried the hard reset method described on Apple's website (switch on hold then press menu and the center button together)- that takes me to the Apple logo, but then it's right back to the power adapter going into the outlet picture on the ipod.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

I dont think it would make a difference if it were an apple power adapter or an aftermarket one- as long as its a power only solution. I guess that would rule out any connection that could transfer songs while charging at the same time.

I had this problem before and tried to plug in to computer and disable itunes drivers so all the usb port did was supply power, but no go- i really had to have an actual apple power brick :(

The crap sells for 30 bucks nowadays. Probably a way of making people buy the adapter when the time for software update comes. The ipod photo I got back in the days came with the power brick, a dock, av cables, and both firewire and usb cables :o All that would cost like 150 bucks nowadays :mad: Try seeing if anyone you know has an ipod power brick.

so yea basically...

thisipodwallfw.jpg or these aftermarket types ezPower_Shuffle.jpgPC.GFF.9000BLOKP.CN.JPG etc

I dont think it would make a difference if it were an apple power adapter or an aftermarket one- as long as its a power only solution. I guess that would rule out any connection that could transfer songs while charging at the same time.

I had this problem before and tried to plug in to computer and disable itunes drivers so all the usb port did was supply power, but no go- i really had to have an actual apple power brick :(

The crap sells for 30 bucks nowadays. Probably a way of making people buy the adapter when the time for software update comes. The ipod photo I got back in the days came with the power brick, a dock, av cables, and both firewire and usb cables :o All that would cost like 150 bucks nowadays :mad: Try seeing if anyone you know has an ipod power brick.

so yea basically...

thisipodwallfw.jpg or these aftermarket types ezPower_Shuffle.jpgPC.GFF.9000BLOKP.CN.JPG etc

Right, but this dock does USB and power. But I have tried it with the USB cable unplugged as well...

it needs to be plugged into the wall. it works, i've used that dock a bunch of times to do just what you're doing.

Yeah it is plugged into the wall and I tried different sockets. It still shows the power brick picture on the ipod.