cheap gym iems

atothex

I've pretty much decided to get a Sansa Clip sometime soon for gym duty, but I need help picking out some phones. I would prefer something cheap, so I won't feel bad if they get smashed by dumbbells or something.

I currently use either my PX100s or my KSC75s, but the ambient noise is so great that I have to turn them way up, which probably is destroying my ears. My gf has some marshmallows, but I hate their sound. I'm currently leaning toward the Head-Direct RE2s. Anything else that's good and (preferably) well under $100?

I have a Sansa Clip and use it 5 times a week when I go running about an hour or so. I too use the JVC Marshmallows which I was going to recommend to you, but I see you don't like them. I actually have to get a good seal for them to sound good which isn't a problem that much for me. I tried using the KSC75 but like yourself the ambient noise is too great. Maybe E2Cs. I haven't used them for running, but you might be able to get a better seal with them because of the selection of tips ;)

Sigh, I know nothing about these things. After some research, I suppose the following are around the same price/quality range: E2C, UM1, ER6i, RE2, im716, C700.

Anything else?

Where do I even buy Mylarones?

Oh, btw, I probably should've mentioned this, but I listen to mostly metal at the gym.

I wouldn't count on anything that doesn't loop around the ears to be not microphonic.

That's kinda what I figured. Oh well, I couldn't wait for a looper to go on sale.

The timing on my purchase worked out pretty great, though, because I just scored a new 4gb Clip for $38 shipped today! :D