A Game of Thrones Pilot Greenlit

asebastian0

Sorry Al, just watched the episode and the catch phrase isn't coming to me. Edit: Was it "My princess can drink as much as she wants"? That's just wrong Al.

Edit again: Duh, just realized it. Forgot the word was even in there.

Agreed that the credits are awesome. And I too exclaimed "Boromir!".

Downloading the book but jesus, 33 hours? I suppose I'll be listening in the truck.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

I really liked the second episode there were several key elements missing that were great from the book. Mike suggested that listen to the book then check out the HBO mini series. Right now I'm listening to right about where the episode should end then watching. While it's great to see the visual representation directly after reading it is distracting when things need to be cut or combined for the screen.

The book really is magnificent and I'm liking the audible the reader to me has done a great job.

Mike, what's the word on how far HBO is going to go with this series? Seems like this could go a while. What kind of time frame will the book series cover?

Also interesting comparing it to The Borgias. Very similar tone, themes, and images. I think they both have their strengths, but will concede that Thrones has less flaws.

That's great that it's been renewed. I was not aware of that. I think this season is 10 episodes. I am really enjoying it but I am happy I read the books. As Jp pointed out, there is so much missing from the series. I would encourage anyone that has not read the books to start. You will not regret it.

• 2 weeks later...