A Game of Thrones Pilot Greenlit

asebastian0

The books are so effing long I just coudn't stay with reading/listening to them. So far the only thing that Martin seems to be the master of is the protracted story arc ended in spectacularly frustrating fashion (I'd go into specifics, but can't manipulate spoiler tags from work). I can't even remember what book I stopped at anymore... but I don't want that sort of long term frustration in my television viewing, despite the boobs to occassionally cheer me up. :)

While I was excited for the next season, the first episode was a little lacking for me. Probably because of everything that happened toward the end of the first season, this episode had to reset everything. I have to watch it again though to catch who some of these new leaders/factions are.

well... the sex/nudity's back...

That makes four incestual relationships unless I'm forgetting one?...I think I am...& there's still the possibility of two or more of the bastards hooking up...

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the warring factions...

I also have to agree that the first episode in season 2 was a little bit on the slower side. I mainly blame it on the 2nd book, which is incredibly long and littered with thousands of characters. I'm guessing that episode 1 is sort of an introduction to all the new characters / circumstances happening in the world. To be honest with you I'm really interested in seeing how HBO will pull off showing this entire book in 12 episodes, especially considering how much freaking happens and the immense scale of the world. Budget for sets must be insane!

I'm currently reading book 3 and so far enjoying it far more than book 2...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Did and was strangely disconnected with the characters, but maybe that's me having to reconnect/remember them all. Just wish they'd get going with whatever is coming and get to the point of the story (if there is one - readers is there one?). Probably incorrectly trying to wedge a cinematic arc on a TV series, or expecting Breaking Bad/Girls tightness, but enough wandering. Let's do this. Leeroy Jen...

Did and was strangely disconnected with the characters, but maybe that's me having to reconnect/remember them all. Just wish they'd get going with whatever is coming and get to the point of the story (if there is one - readers is there one?). Probably incorrectly trying to wedge a cinematic arc on a TV series, or expecting Breaking Bad/Girls tightness, but enough wandering. Let's do this. Leeroy Jen...

Some major stuff is about to go down so it's kind of the calm before the storm.

Your concerns definitely come into play later though.

I am starting to wonder if GRRM has any idea how he is going to wrap it all up.