A Game of Thrones Pilot Greenlit

asebastian0

You can't please all of the people all of the time, naturally.

The thing I don't get is the "because I don't like it then it is bad" mentality I'm seeing all over the place. (Not meant to be accusatory towards anyone here, just something I've been seeing)

I think it is ok for different people to have different tastes!

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 2:10 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, that’s what I thought you meant, but that’s more an anime thing, innit?  Where there’s like a single frame where if you stop it just right, you can see something naughty?

No, seriously, I just don’t think it’s appropriate in GoT, it would throw me right out.

That's not what it means, though it did originate in manga and anime.  My point is that there were lots of things that should have made the fans happy.

1 hour ago, naamanf said:

Wrong. Must like what I like. 

Exactly: Thanos was right!

So I spent the past couple of weeks watching the entire series for the first time, so I could watch the live finale.

This is something I saw posted, which seems reasonable accurate, having binged it. I did, however, start to enjoy the comedic touches towards the end of 8. As the meme posits, the last couple of episodes of S6 finally started to draw me in to the show some.

Image result for got horse drawing meme

I didn't get all the complaints about how S8E3 was too dark; I imagine people's TVs just weren't calibrated well at all. It seemed completely reasonable for the available lighting sources in the field.

Oh, and I didn't see anything concrete on the dragonglass for the Unsullied. There were shards/strips of it attached to their shields.
xlh3vne73lk21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=afb9f8692a46a5e87f94e7f4b09d3b78d67a8883

Now I'm going to go read the beginning of this thread, which I've avoided for ten years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TMoney said:

You can't please all of the people all of the time, naturally.

The thing I don't get is the "because I don't like it then it is bad" mentality I'm seeing all over the place. (Not meant to be accusatory towards anyone here, just something I've been seeing)

I think it is ok for different people to have different tastes!

I agree, though you have to spin it around and embrace the same criticism and disconnect also the "It's good because I like it" position, which, to be honest, probably accounts for many of our posts in the Entertainment forums, no?

The pacing of the early seasons were glacial, like Mad Men or LotR glacial, though obviously lots of people liked that here. I suspect that's part of the reason all the rushed missed landings of the current season, feels especially abnormal. 

I will say no matter how you view it, the couple female spurned lover storylines recently, or maybe more accurately story order (reject, then boom!), were big mistakes in comparison all the careful and successful positioning of female characters in what would likely naturally have been an overwhelming male epic. Again switch order slightly and give it a bit more time.  

2 hours ago, gepardcv said:

My views on S7 and S8 fit neither the apologist nor the hater narratives, so I generally try to stay out of GoT discussions. That said, I think this Twitter multi-post does a pretty good job of explaining the pacing changes in the concluding seasons: https://mobile.twitter.com/DSilvermint/status/1125856091261136896

Thanks for posting. That actually helps quite a bit.

18 hours ago, gepardcv said:

My views on S7 and S8 fit neither the apologist nor the hater narratives, so I generally try to stay out of GoT discussions. That said, I think this Twitter multi-post does a pretty good job of explaining the pacing changes in the concluding seasons: https://mobile.twitter.com/DSilvermint/status/1125856091261136896

Good read and thanks for posting, but there's one kinda significant misconception (inside this Twitter thread and out) - the show runners were always in control.  They were responsible for plot & adaptations choices and pacing structure in seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. They made arc constructions around renew cycles with HBO, supposedly they played a big part in deciding to end things on season 8. This is all, of course, simplifying things more than a bit (and the successes of this show were so many), but give them the benefit of the doubt on season one where they didn't even get a wrap party (and had a natural seasonal arc), what were their pacing and landing plans from the first renewal on? 

Also Argentina.

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1

Well, that was hilariously terrible.  I quit watching Lost after the second to last episode.  I should have stuck to my guns.  

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Since they didn’t show Cersei’s actual death, I’m going to predict that she lives long enough to deliver the child, and everyone else dies except Tyrion, who raises it as the benign tyrant everyone wanted.

Good thing you don't gamble. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

Yeah, a few more episodes to give some breathing room would have been nice the past two seasons. That being said, I'm satisfied with how things wrapped up.

I'm kind of happy it is over. It has been a fun 9-year ride. On to the next thing.

Apparently HBO had said they would support more seasons but it was the show runners and writers who wanted it over. It should have been stretched at least another season to give things more breathing room in my opinion. Dany morphing into her brother that fast didn’t seem quite right...
Now I’ll have to go back and watch the post credits thing as I didn’t leave it on long enough. I was thinking when Jon and the wildings we’re leaving Castle Black that there’s gonna be a white walker appearance (as in the first episode)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk