A Game of Thrones Pilot Greenlit

asebastian0

8 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I would say the most uplifting, but probably 'least shockingly depressing' would be more accurate.

I had another friend make this observation. My thought is that at some point they had to stop killing off characters we've built up huge equity in or there would be no one left at the end-game.

That being said, speaking of shocking depressing I think there is a door that needs holding. :(

• Like 1

On 6/27/2016 at 11:39 AM, TMoney said:

I had another friend make this observation. My thought is that at some point they had to stop killing off characters we've built up huge equity in or there would be no one left at the end-game.

That little girl could end up ruling by default.  (By default dat everyone else is dead.)

1467135357-static1squarespace.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Although this season is moving WAAY too fast, last night’s episode s8e3 did not disappoint! At least what I could see of it :)

Arya Stark for the MFing win! I had predicted this from her time as an assassin (don’t remember the name of the sect she was in with the waif, etc.) and confirmed when she offed half the Frey clan in retaliation for the Red Wedding.

I’m going to miss this show when it ends, but have started watching it again from the beginning. I’ll be interested to see if the prequel gets going or not... hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pars
  • Like 2

Yeah, totally epic! I was worried they would not deliver, but deliver they did.

I had to wait for the sun to be totally down due to not being able to see anything with glare on my TV, but once it got dark the flaming weapons of the dothraki looked pretty fucking badass.

I really appreciate that we are so close to the end of the show that most of the characters no longer have plot armor on. When Dany got in trouble the thought crossed my mind that it might indeed be the end for her.

So many cool moments. Jon trying to make a play on Night King only to have NK stare at him and raise his arms. So good.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

Quick question...

We know there are three things that can kill the dead. Before the witch shows up, from hangin’ out in seemingly nowhere, and does her thing, was the plan to send the Dothraki forward without any of the three? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This is super geeky, but Ric first asked about the Dothraki and his follow up mentions the Unsullied. The Unsullied have dragon glass spear points to my eye (yeah, yeah, it's dark). The Dothraki do a lot of head lopping and that seems to slow down the dead so maybe that was the original plan.

Who fucking knows. This is all TV writers and little to none of the author so there isn't going to be as much clarity or consistency. 

• Like 1

I agree that it doesn't matter, but I'd push back on there not being consistency. Movies and TV shows almost always have script supervisors whose job is to pay attention to this kind of detail. They aren't 100% perfect at what they do, but they have the kind of job that when it is done well goes unnoticed.

In any case, they were fighting an enemy with a single point of failure. Throwing away your entire army with stupid tactics is entirely consistent with the plan to bait out the Night King. ?

• Like 1