What cable are you using on your 650's?

Jeepster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The joke's long over, but what started out as goofiness became an extended lesson in Photoshopping.

2hgqovk.jpg

I spent longer on that this than I care to admit, but I now have a much better understanding of masking, layers, cloning and other cute PS tricks. The composite is far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with the results. Also, it's always a good idea to remove Ben Stiller when possible. evilgrin0023.gif I had changed it to say "robot" instead of "retard" but that got lost in one of my re-edits. I used much better source material for this one, particularly the Voltron. Seriously, check out the original, it's bad-ass.

• 2 months later...

And this is a headphone site!? You guys sure stray off topic :palm::P

A little late in the game I know but I AM using an original Cardas with my HD650s and love the sound with the Perreaux SXH2 amp. (It's re-sheathed in black tech-flex so it looks like an SAA Equinox!) Can't see spending more for a different sound. (Just my 2 cents.)

Edited by Hellenback
go advanced for the smileys!

Hahaha, yeah, some people here like to post off-topic. Don't pay any attention to them! I don't think this is really a headphone site. It might seem like one, but... :cool:

Sheathed in black techflex doesn't resemble only SAA Equinox. Other cables are also black techflex. The APS v3 comes in a nylon version that's very nice, softer and more flexible, and maybe a bit lighter than those techflex.

Hey, the cable touches me! Soft and flexible is good.

It is quite a bit thicker... once you manage to sleeve it on a cable longer then 3ft (that is fun in and of itself) you will find the diameter of the over all cable is quite a bit thicker and stiffer.

I thought making cables was all fun fun fun? That's why people do DIY?

I forgot to mention my four headphones recabled with Enigma Audio Oracle, all balanced. The Oracle cable is very light, thin and flexible. Thinner and lighter than APS v3 or Black Dragon or Equinox, but not as soft as the APS v3 nylon.

Yes, somehow I ended up with four Oracle cabled headphones, W5000, SA5000, AD2000 and RS-1. I think of the fun fun fun Grand Enigma had making these cables and I'm jealous.

And now the Apex is out! Grrrr...

It is quite a bit thicker... once you manage to sleeve it on a cable longer then 3ft (that is fun in and of itself) you will find the diameter of the over all cable is quite a bit thicker and stiffer.

heh, I remember my first go at sleeving with techflex... yeah, that was fun.

NOT!!>:(

This is the same stuff you installed over the blue Canare quad cable with the Smegma SFI woodies - you said it was a PITA. But, while it makes the cable stiffer than no sleeve, it is more flexible than techflex.