Head-Case Christmas Exchange

Luminette

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad they got to you! I just tracked them and Amazon had them for delivery on thursday! :palm: I'm really glad you like the discs, and you'll have to explore the Progressions box for some new guitarists. You definitely seem to like Burrell, Montgomery, and others, so I thought you could find some new blood. I also figured Lucinda Williams was up your alley but you hadn't posted about that album so I took a shot. Enjoy and have a happy holiday!

I opened your PM but it looked like you were talking about what you sent me and I haven't opened them yet so I closed it and decided to respond here. ;D

Glad they got to you! I just tracked them and Amazon had them for delivery on thursday! :palm: I'm really glad you like the discs, and you'll have to explore the Progressions box for some new guitarists. You definitely seem to like Burrell, Montgomery, and others, so I thought you could find some new blood. I also figured Lucinda Williams was up your alley but you hadn't posted about that album so I took a shot. Enjoy and have a happy holiday!

I opened your PM but it looked like you were talking about what you sent me and I haven't opened them yet so I closed it and decided to respond here. ;D

Oh drat. Sorry about that Al. Don't want to spoil your surprise. Yes, open the PM later :). I really do like the Jazz discs. It is definitely up my alley. I just finished listening to Lucinda and it was great. I really like it a lot. If you like Lucinda I think you may like this album as it is one of my favorite blues album. Have a good one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Just-Wont-Burn-Susan-Tedeschi/dp/B000AA7GWA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1229475481&sr=8-3]Just Won't Burn[/ame] by [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Susan-Tedeschi/e/B000APXXYK/ref=ntt_mus_gen_pel]Susan Tedeschi[/ame]

Oh drat. Sorry about that Al. Don't want to spoil your surprise. Yes, open the PM later :). I really do like the Jazz discs. It is definitely up my alley. I just finished listening to Lucinda and it was great. I really like it a lot. If you like Lucinda I think you may like this album as it is one of my favorite blues album. Have a good one.

Just Won't Burn by Susan Tedeschi

Cool. :cool: JP#s and I saw Susan Tedeschi earlier this year with Derek Trucks. If they make it your way you should definitely see them.

I've just received a package from Ken. I'm hesitant to open it, I'm full of shame since I haven't even shipped his yet. I'm waiting for his disc to arrive, but looks like it will get way longer than I expected :palm: Maybe I'll need to change my plans.

Thanks mate ;D

Glad to hear it got there Antonio. It's up to you whether you open it now or later. Please don't go past Christmas though. If the disc you are planning to get is going to be a long time, why don't you get me something else for the moment and, when you do get the other disc, we can do another disc exchange. I have another disc I'd like to send you anyway.

Amazon says Mike should have his package by 12/23. Now, if the lights would stop flickering he might get another package some time next week as well. :mad:

I don't know if Mike has told you, but he's moving to Santa Barbara next week. Go ahead and send the other package to me and I'll see that he gets it. >:D

So I was confused earlier today when I got a notification at work that I received a package from Amazon.com, the only thing I'd ordered recently from them I'd already gotten, but now it all makes sense.

I have to thank Jackson (Luminette here for the uninitiated) for sending me Nickel Creek's self-titled album and Shpongle's But Nothing Is Lost. I don't own anything by either artist yet so I'm looking forward to checking 'em out.

I chose not to participate in this exchange so I'm mystified as to why I got these CDs, but thanks regardless Jackson. I don't know what to get in return now...

Nothing in return, insisted! If you absolutely can't shake the compulsion, then pay it forward ;) I got in the habit of sending people CDs from amazon while doing my shopping for exchange partners and just went with it - I have a passion for sharing the music I love

Columbus, Ohio?

Yep. I was in Columbus, Ohio attending the Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference. I felt like a zoo keeper as it was me and 9 graduate students. Not a bad trip but since last week was finals week and grades are due by 5:00 PM Monday, it made for a hectic few days.

Anyway, I did receive a package from Amazon when I returned. Since, I had not ordered anything I assume it was your exchange item, so I wrapped up the box and placed it under the tree, amongst all the power ranger gifts. Thanks in advance and another will be forthcoming once the package is opened.