Head-Case Christmas Exchange

Luminette

Other site does this and I think it's great for the community. Maybe some of us feel too rebellious to just lift the idea but - that'd be retarded.

Hc is a pretty tightly-knit community and I'm personally interested in intertwining it even more with itself.. and, really, just doing something nice for the holiday season. We like gifts, and surprises.

As long as we have at least two pairs of people, this is a go.

Additionally, I'm going to donate $1 to HC for every person that does this :)

Here's how it'll go:

I'll try to match people by country. I encourage everyone to be up for shipping something internationally, just so that we don't end up with a few guys living in the middle of nowhere who wanted in and it doesn't really pan out because I can't find someone to pair them with. It would be very useful if, when you post to sign up - you let me know if you're okay with sending international if need be. For those not living in America or Europe, be ready to accept that you will likely have to be paired with someone international.

I'm going to use some software to randomly pair people up. I'll also make sure nobody is sending within their state, that ruins some of the fun factor.

What do we send? CDs are going to be the most universal thing that we can all safely send and know it's a reasonable thing for the other person. Anything goes, though. We're all music lovers and audiophiles here - feel free to talk to the person you are paired with to get an idea of whether a certain kind of music may fly well with them (you can even ask if they are familiar with a specific work you'd like to send, but, you're killing the surprise factor -- go with your gut?) or maybe you have a pair of cheap (but not iBuds) IEMs sitting around that you simply don't use and it seems that person could make use of them. Don't just dump off any old thing, though, like a mini-to-mini, if it's pretty probable that they have no use for it either. Feel free to go with anything you think may work well, whether it's conventional or not.

I'll put up a specific cap of roughly $40-50 USD as the max that you can give. This is incase some are really generous - but, nobody wants to deal with feeling guilty about having gotten you a CD while you got them an iPod or something.

What's actually expected is just a single CD or something around $15-20. I myself will only be sending out something that costs this much. A lot of people here have kids.. and lives, so, I'm keeping it as cheap and accessable as reasonably can be so that the most people can get in on this.

Requirements:

You have to have joined at least a two months ago, and at least have one post made at least a month ago. This is bare minimal and does not mean that you are qualified - it means you get to make a case with me or have someone else with some status of seniority or something vouch for you. I'm going to be very careful on this - I don't want anyone getting stiffed. If you have credentials etc over on HF I'll have you message me from that account over there.

If you don't have anyone to vouch for you, or if you don't have HF credentials (join date, post count, feedback), you are probably screwed.

If there's a question as to who you are and how trustworthy you are, you're subject to the aforementioned scrutiny.

If you don't meet these requirements, you're gonna have to wait until next year.

Obligation:

When you post to get in on this, you are accepting the responsibility of getting your gift to the person on time for X-Mas. This means you should be thinking about how long things take to ship during the Holiday season.

Nobody is going to kill you if your gift arrives late - the holiday shipping is really crazy and who knows how much worse international shipping gets around this time. The point is that you need to be making the effort to get things there on time. People, if your gift comes a few days late, get over it.

Be around - you have to be around and active here (check in daily, please) so that you can be exchanging information with your new Christmas buddy. Please, don't make myself or your partner have to end up worrying about where the hell you are and whether we need to find someone else for them. Somebody is going to kill you if you do this.

If you can't participate in this properly, don't do it. I'd rather this run on a skeleton crew or not at all than have things go wrong in any way and ruin it for people this year, and future years. Be checking your PMs.

Advice? As soon as you find out who you are paired up with, you need to exchange your information with them, say hello, etc, figure out (by yourself or with them) what you're going to be giving (Me, I'm sticking to CDs and I suggest that for everyone else.) Then get it out to them with some time to spare before X-Mas. Leave it up to them to not open it until X-Mas day :) If you're shipping within the US, your stuff should be entering the mail system by December 15th. International, December 8th.

If there's an odd number, I will personally cover the floater person.

I'll update this list as often as I can get a mod to do it. Mods, once we have at least three people in, get ahold of me via messengers or PM and I'll let you know what and where to paste it (should be straight forward from the replies but I'll have people PMing etc). Please Sticky this thread at that point, too.

Registration ends on the weekend of December 6th (A Saturday)

And we're off, post to join, and if anyone has suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Updated list people paired together:

6. Grand Enigma

15. deepak

1. manaox2

17. MrSlacker

0. Luminette

11. GPH

16. thrice

4. JBLoudG20

28. VPI

7. postjack

9. riceboy