Mini Zana Deux Micro?

riceboy

Very nice, looking forward to seeing the tube compliment... 6c33c would seem too big for such a small amp... maybe 6c41c like the original HD2. Unlike the initial HF responses I think Craig's amps have an individualistic flair that separates them from the legions of glossy black drone boxes that we have to choose from. Although I do prefer to see the tubes... (Think I can see one reflecting light toward the back.)

I agree the printing is pretty bad. I think it would look better with much simpler printing like the one on other EC products.

x2 (3, 4?)

Not very subtle. Still loving the overall style but for silkscreens I think a minimalist approach is best. You only really have to look at the lettering once or twice to know where everything goes.

just received confirmation -- Craig has nothing to do with this knock-off.

I figured as much before I read your post. The amp doesn't look like an authentic EC product, and though I've had very sparse dealings with Craig myself, I'm sure he would've mentioned a product like this before at one of the previous meets to someone who would've posted something here or on HF. He's never released a product without someone commenting somewhere about it beforehand. Also the way that HF-er posted about it looked really suspicious, and I'm pretty sure Craig really has absolutely no reason to make a small Zana Deux, especially when he already makes the Lunch Box/Pro.

I find it kinda sad that so many people at HF actually believe the amp is an authentic EC product. Maybe if they put on their thinking caps they might realize it's not.

On another note, I just visited the EC Web site and it looks like he's running a holiday special on Lunch Box Pro amps! Kinda tempted to pick one up myself...