Why get the GS-1000, when you can get the HF-1!!

DieInAFire

Haha, that's actually pretty funny. Anyone that would seriously inquire about that deal should be committed.

"What? Colored SR225's with cheap wooden parts and a shitty plastic headband for $900? What a deal!"

I agree it is pretty funny... but have you heard the HF-1s? I would hardly describe them that way. They kill the SR225 IMO and are closer to a "cheapass looking RS2" in my opinion. :D

I agree it is pretty funny... but have you heard the HF-1s? I would hardly describe them that way. They kill the SR225 IMO and are closer to a "cheapass looking RS2" in my opinion. :D

I have heard the hf-1s and they are a nice deal for their original price, but I sure as heck wouldn't pay $400 let alone $900. Hopefully this was just a joke, otherwise the guy is completely insane.

Guest sacd lover

I thought they were better than the 225, not as good as the MS-2, and not nearly as good as the RS-2.

Same here .... but I like the MS-2 > RS-2. You are never going to believe the headphone I really, really like ..... :-*

SENN 595/ 120 ohm :o

Guest sacd lover

waaaaaah?! you? i thought you hated the 595s. or is that todd...

I just got them a month or so ago. They sound GREAT with the Singlepower amps using 5687's. In fact, they are sounding extremely good with the new SLAM SE. I dont think acs236 is very fond of them either.

Guest sacd lover

Why T cubed?

Yeah why .... I think this headphone is seriously overlooked. But maybe the 50 ohm versions dont sound as good? Which one did you have Todd?

hey PF ..... bought 20 6BL7GTA's today! ;)

Guest sacd lover

i always thought they sounded grainy. acs236 and i compared the 120 ohm and the 50 ohm versions at the headroom meet and we came to the conclusion that one was better than the other, but i can't remember which!

Did you ever hear them on a tube amp?

I've heard them a few times and I think it was the 120 ohm version. I agree with Reks thoughts on thinking they were grainy, but I will add that I thought they were pretty dull sounding headphones. But hell almost everything is dull compared to the l3ks ;D

Guest sacd lover

I've heard them a few times and I think it was the 120 ohm version. I agree with Reks thoughts on thinking they were grainy, but I will add that I thought they were pretty dull sounding headphones. But hell almost everything is dull compared to the l3ks ;D

Dull is the last word I would use to describe them with tubes. The 595's are one of the most dynamic phones I have tried with the SLAM's. I need to get a second opinion. When is the next meet?