HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sidetrack this too much, but which headphones are considered good looking?

I tend to like stuff like the Sony's and Audio-Technica's, just because they don't look so huge and protrudey on my small head (not counting the MDR-CD3000). Also, their fit and finish and color options are usually tasteful (except the pink ones).

Grados are almost so ugly that they are beautiful... I have been compared to a WWII aviator when interviewed on television wearing mine once.

Excellent news, for me. They look a lot like the SA5000, which I love. I was considering getting a pair of those for a work rig, but I suppose I'll hold off for Senn. impressions on here. That, or i'll wait until HeadphoneAddict gets his pair, then give them a listen.

Wow, really tempting as I love both the HD650 and Qualia. Bit surprised how much a rip-off of the Qualia design ideas this looks like, though - right down to the ring driver membrane. Also, that's a pretty high price point but I'd imagine/hope this will easily hold its own with the discontinued dynamic greats.

Dammit, I'm supposed to be DOWNSIZING not increasing my gear stash for '09....

Oh dear, so much for all those no new gear in 2009 resolutions.

Yet another reason to add to the long list of reasons to attend CanJam 2009.

Who will be the first to acquire a pair in the Bay Area, and when will the first HD800 Enabled meet be? Inquiring minds want to know!

Haha good question. I nominate Voltron or foo_me or mikeymad. I'm not going to buy blind. Not without the fear of rareness driving me.

heheh...already showed up on amazon

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD800 Premier Headphone: Electronics

At this point, I think I will eventually get a pair and at least own it for a while to see.

But not sure when...I'd at least like to hear a few impressions to decide whether to get it sooner vs later....so I will leave it to Mikeymad or Al to get it first and let us peeps in SF get a listen :)