HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nate, just thought I would post here as I don't want to log on to head-fi. I think Jude said somewhere that the connector looks like a lemo and that all the rep told him is that it is an easily sourced connector that any cable manufacturer should be able to get their hands on.

As for the HD800... I'm undecided as to whether it looks horrid or ok. Would really have to see them in person. They just remind me too much of headphones that I dislike right now. :P

Seriously, who really care what cans look like? Do you you really sit in front of a mirror looking at yourself when listening to phones? Seems to me the phones help us forget what we look like in the mirror, and the least we can forgive of them is their look.

Myself, I dig the look... but have always been a substance over form guy anyway, proven by my fugly arse builds. That said, they have great personalities, and serve up tasty morsels.

Denon D7000?

Grado GS1000?

Ultrasone?

There're definitely similarly priced dynamic cans out there.

There is a lot of competition, even the hi-end AT cans and JVC can be considers as competition. The key here is will these sound like R10, Qualia and K1000 or HD650, K701 and GS1000. If they are indeed ultra hi-end cans and can compete with big guys, they will sell.