HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

I'm actually not a DAC1 basher but it is not the height of headphone amplification and it is comical that they are using a $12k dac to feed a digital signal to a $1k dac/amp.

SO U SAYIN I CAN DRIV THEES OUT OV MAH PORTABLE AN HAS GREAT SOUND?

"WUT PORTABLE AMP 4 SENN HD800?" IZ MAH NEW THREAD

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-kitten-is-tough-and-should-not-be-messed-with.jpg

(since this fucking place wont take stanard IMG codes and i am not even bothering with asking even though i really would love to know how to post a simple lolcat pix for futures)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to hearing what some of you guys think of these when they start rolling in. If things look good, I might get a pair after tax season. Specifically what I'm looking for is transparency, comfort, excellent imaging and a distinctly un-sennheiser-like sound signature. :D

Holey shit! Jason's considering Sennheisers? Is the sky falling?

Knowing Tyll's deep, abiding love for Electrostats, I think it's fair to say that his favorite dynamic is his favorite can.

I wonder, has Tyll ever heard the Fugs (TakeT H2s.) If so, I'm curious what he'd think. Not that he would have heard them driven properly. Not that anybody has heard them driven properly.

1.400 posts in and you don't know how to post an image?

either "address" (without spaces and quotes, ofc) or simply click on the icon at the top of the posting field that looks like a postage stamp with mountains on.

Oh I no how but it don't let me, seriously it singles me out

I love turkey with cranberry though

I thought that was funny too. But at the meet I had people raving about the Ayre when it was actually my $300-400 DEQ that was doing DAC duty. Perception is a lot in this world unfortunately.

From Ayre's web site:

Highly advanced multi-stage digital filter system. First filter"upsamples" to 176.4 kHz at 24 bits. Second filter "oversamples" to 1.4112 MHz at 24 bits.

I believe this happens before it reaches your DAC. Perception indeed. :)

Switching out CDP's would have been interesting.

EDIT: How would this upsampling and oversampling manifest when output via the Ayre's digital out? Don't know. Too many variables to emphatically draw a conclusion. I regret not being able to spend a couple hours with Dredhead's stuff--in a quiet room. Someday maybe. :)

-m

Edited by ingwe
OCD and I can't edit to save my life...