HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

Heard about this when i ordered my 800's days ago, but i did not hear about the pricing.

This cable was designed for the 650 and the end connectors were just spiced in, i heard that at the same time i heard the cable was coming out..so i believe it.

I highly doubt the after market cable price will increase all the much over what a decent Cardas cable costs for the 650/600. That $1400 cable cost is fucking insane even when compared to a the $$$ priced LOD's out there (and that says a shit load!).

i am willing to buy an aftermarket cable for mine rite now, knowing what the cardas did for my 600's then sure why not? of course i also am willing cause i need a cable thats 20ft and i really don't wanna use a $1400 headphone with Grado Ext's in toe for that long..

my budget for a 20ft, balanced, after market cable hoping won't be more then $600...

Billy there are many people who could make you a very high quality cable well in your price range I'm sure. Even a V3 APS cable of that length should be well inside your $600.00 budget. And Alex makes an excellent sounding cable, as do Nate, Grand Enigma and others.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So HF is enthusiastic about the new HD800...so what? what's the big deal?

how many inane comments are posted here just the purposes of posting, sharing, laughing, or being childish, etc...same thing on HF.

Just people being excited, wanting to contribute, post, etc...because it is a big deal when someone like Senn is releasing a new top tier headphone.

If HF didn't exist, maybe like 75% of the posts here wouldn't exist...

Think I'm going to go ahead and pre-order, since I trust the ears and impressions from Tyll, Ed, and jpnums & Voltron. I look forward to comparing with the Qualia 010, it'd be great if the HD800 could supplant it for me because as great as the Qualia sounds it's just really too much money for me to have tied into one headphone.

Think I'm going to go ahead and pre-order, since I trust the ears and impressions from Tyll, Ed, and jpnums & Voltron. I look forward to comparing with the Qualia 010, it'd be great if the HD800 could supplant it for me because as great as the Qualia sounds it's just really too much money for me to have tied into one headphone.

Would you tell me where jpnum and voltron's impressions are?

ps. Congrats :)

I've been reading the 800 thread over there and the sheer number of rubes asking about aftermarket wires is verging on the insane. Not one of those fucktards have any idea what the 800 even sound like, whether any of the super 'spensive wires will be any sort of upgrade, or even consider that Senn themselves can pick a decent bit of wire. I imagine dozens will buy overpriced wires without even thinking... or listening.

Tools!

I own two fucking balanced amps, and nothing single ended at all. So, since I am such a fucktard, when I get my shiny new HD800, with it's fabulous SE cable, what would you suppose me to do? And, IF I were to resell it to some fucktard that only has a SE amp, I'd imagine he'd appreciate it with the SE cable, SOOOO,. either I reterminate an existing aftermarket cable, or get a new hd800 replacement cable (no idea if I can or not) to reterminate balanced.

Tool, indeed.

I own two fucking balanced amps, and nothing single ended at all. So, since I am such a fucktard, when I get my shiny new HD800, with it's fabulous SE cable, what would you suppose me to do? And, IF I were to resell it to some fucktard that only has a SE amp, I'd imagine he'd appreciate it with the SE cable, SOOOO,. either I reterminate an existing aftermarket cable, or get a new hd800 replacement cable (no idea if I can or not) to reterminate balanced.

Tool, indeed.

You kind of missed his point. :(

Tool, indeed.

tmi.gif

Tool, indeed.

Fire up a Bill Hicks cd, sit back, and relax. I think you may be taking life a little too seriously right now.