HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn you beeeeeellly!

we finish the last badges....and NOW you decide to come....

...guess we're going to have to improvise...

...how's a crayon-drawn pretty princess badge do ya??? It's PRIIITTTTy?

ahhhh....since you spent that much on the ticket, we'll have to cook up another badge, just for you!

damn you beeeeeellly!

we finish the last badges....and NOW you decide to come....

...guess we're going to have to improvise...

...how's a crayon-drawn pretty princess badge do ya??? It's PRIIITTTTy?

ahhhh....since you spent that much on the ticket, we'll have to cook up another badge, just for you!

im a dick cause i did not register so i don't deserve one...that would be funny with the pretty princess as i really am!

and u let me know what help u need when i am there...i will do anything just dont make me use my brain

im a dick cause i did not register so i don't deserve one...that would be funny with the pretty princess as i really am!

and u let me know what help u need when i am there...i will do anything just dont make me use my brain

You hear that, Peter?

Beeley gets to man the Registration Booth during the Raffles. :prettyprincess:

I was really hoping with the rumors of shipping this week that I'd have my HD800 to try out on the Woo WA22 or EC ZDT, but the HD800 wont even ship to HR till tomorrow, so we'll only be able to listen to them on HR or TTVJ's gear.

Todd is supposed to have a pair in his room.

And that's a pretty big kick in the nuts to Headroom that Todd has his now and HR has orders in for hundreds of units.

Wow, Sennheiser kind of fucked HeadRoom. Seeing as how they are sharing a room at CanJam, might make for some interesting moments.

Overall, poor timing on Sennheiser's part overall.

I don't believe that was the case. As I understand it, Todd requested that they ship to him overnight. I hope I am not talking out of school.

I was really hoping with the rumors of shipping this week that I'd have my HD800 to try out on the Woo WA22 or EC ZDT, but the HD800 wont even ship to HR till tomorrow, so we'll only be able to listen to them on HR or TTVJ's gear.

Well, it turns out one of the two pair in Todd's room is mine, which everyone will listen to at CanJam and then will be going home with me.

Ok, so some very initial impressions....

The phones fit nicely on the head, not too snug. You won't want to be moving around too much with these on if it is warm, pads are warmish, that is, they heat up the ear area for me.

My first thoughts are that this is a "nice" headphone which means to me that it is fun and warm, the basic Sennheiser sound IME. They are more detailed and soundstage is larger than previous HD models, but the general flavor is still around.

Consider that I am putting them next to the R10s, HE90, SR-Omega in my mind so they have a lot to live up to. They do not have the same spot on tonality or soudstage as the R10s, not yet. Maybe they will get closer when balanced. And I definitely would like to try some different driver tubes with these, I think that will make a difference.

The bass for me is very nice, tight and not overboard, like the L3000 can be on my amp. The amount is just right for me, but I am definitely not a basshead anymore, although I thought I was at some point. When I started listening to the R10s and HE90, that changed. I like a balanced presentation, which the HD800 has. It is not as extended on the top end (as my other phones) but still gives a lot of detail/nice presentation.

Anyway, I can see myself keeping these and listening when I just want to relax and listen to music in a "fun" manner. They do provide enjoyment. I found myself smiling in the usual places when listening to my favorites.

More to follow.....