HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the Pimeta will cut it until the eagle lands...;D

I have another option for you should you find the Pimeta inadequate. Of course this raises the question as to where the balanced mini3 went to? I can't keep track of you lawyers and your gear whoring ways. :cool:

I don't know if the Pimeta will cut it until the eagle lands...;D

One of my biggest surprises at CanJam was how good the HD800s sounded with and ipod and the new millet portable, since you know how prejudiced I am against portables, amps and sources, with the other flagship Senns. Maybe the pimeta will be fine. I know I'll be plugging mine into the pico tomorrow.

I had a 4pin put on my hf2 at canjam (thanks nate and thrice) even tho I no longer own a balanced amp. More flexible :)

Ok, so based on grawk's post, here's my dumb question for the night:

If I reterminate the HD800 and/or the HF-2 to a 4-pin XLR, then I just need to get a 4pin-->1/4" TRS adapter for single-ended use, correct?

This is really dumb and I'm not sure if it matters or not but here goes:

When I registered my headphones on the Sennheiser site, it made very clear that it wanted a 6 digit serial number. The serial number on my headphones is 5 digits. There was a 6 digit serial number on the box and that's the one I used despite that number being different from the number on the headphones.

Any big deal?

Incidentally, I haven't seen a peep yet from Sennheiser confirming that registration. I registered mid day last Friday.

This is really dumb and I'm not sure if it matters or not but here goes:

When I registered my headphones on the Sennheiser site, it made very clear that it wanted a 6 digit serial number. The serial number on my headphones is 5 digits. There was a 6 digit serial number on the box and that's the one I used despite that number being different from the number on the headphones.

Any big deal?

Incidentally, I haven't seen a peep yet from Sennheiser confirming that registration. I registered mid day last Friday.

I just added a extra leading zero to my S/N to make it six digits.

[AK]Zip just announced the V3 for the HD800! Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable

Anyone gonna bite? Is the stock cable really as inferior he claims? Not that I don't trust him, I'm just curious about others' opinions.

Depends what you think about Senn's decision to use silver plated copper cabling. It initially suggested to me that they had put some thought in to the 'sound' of their cabling, but then again it might have been marketing junk.

I can't really believe that with all the other work they put into these things, they didn't bother to use an appropriate cable...