HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a cable skeptic, but I don't begrudge those who think they make enough of a difference to go with an expensive cable. However, I do have a problem with people who spend more on cables than their gear because, as guzzi says, they're "magic." Even then, of course, people are free to do as they please. But when we are subjected to their bullshit impressions, it bugs me. Especially since less experienced or more gullible posters are susceptible to such impressions.

Recabling made a difference in the sound of the K701's (at least to me), but IMO a big part of that was recabling it to dual-entry and balanced. Oh, I'm usually pretty mellow about cables, but those are absolutely fugly. They actually remind me of the color combinations on my sons birthday cake.

I'm a cable skeptic, but I don't begrudge those who think they make enough of a difference to go with an expensive cable. However, I do have a problem with people who spend more on cables than their gear because, as guzzi says, they're "magic." Even then, of course, people are free to do as they please. But when we are subjected to their bullshit impressions, it bugs me. Especially since less experienced or more gullible posters are susceptible to such impressions.

I haven't really noticed the cable thing, but I do notice that nobody cares about sources or amps. Whenever I try to tell a kid that he needs something better than a soundcard for his Markl D7000s or whatever, 5 guys after me say that it sounds great out of their D10 or Compass or whatever other cheap thing.

Sorry Nate. I deleted your post and a bunch others. As ugly as those cables are, it wasn't fair to vcoheda, who for better or worse, spent time on his impressions. I should have put a stop to it earlier but sometimes I forget I'm a mod.

So sad, my post was also deleted. Oh well.

The cable itself looks like its rope, very tough rope that I am sure could handle itself if you went camping and needed to pitch a tent. It also reminds me of the rope that we used to do those freaking climbing tests in gym class in middle school for our physical tests. I am pretty sure that I saw Flavor Flav wearing something like those as well when he used to be with the group Public Enemy.

Sennhesier sent out registration confirmation emails to me to this morning with a notice that they'd had technical issues on their end and that's why it took so long for the emails to go out.

Sure enough, I did register the wrong number. The serial number on the headphones themselves are the correct ones to use even if you just add an extra zero in the front.

not entirely. a really, really good pair of headphones would know that i don't like sibilance and turn it off, though.

ESP950 or Sigma both do that ;) (although the latter is a bit muffled, at least with the T1S, needs moar power :()

ESP950 or Sigma both do that ;) (although the latter is a bit muffled, at least with the T1S, needs moar power :()

Try changing tube to RCA or Toshiba. I was surprised how much the sound cleared up with new tubes, more bass impact as well. The sad part it I had to give them back cos they were not my :( Now I need to find some nice Toshiba tubes for my T1S :D

a really, really good pair of headphones would know that i don't like sibilance and turn it off, though.

:rofl:

Not if it's been recorded like that.

Really really good headphones will show you all the deficiencies in the original recording.

But if the original recording was magic, you will transported to Paradise. ;D

Try changing tube to RCA or Toshiba. I was surprised how much the sound cleared up with new tubes, more bass impact as well. The sad part it I had to give them back cos they were not my :( Now I need to find some nice Toshiba tubes for my T1S :D

I have a pair of Toshiba tubes sitting there since a while, I am just waiting for a guy to do the biasing, hopefully later this week. But I have doubts it will compensate the lack of power.

I am listening to a SR-Lambda now (borrowed), the midrange is just magical, but the sibilance kills me sometimes, my other two phones are better in this respect. I guess I am very sensitive to that.

I got an email from Sennheiser too but it does not say my S/N is wrong, just to check the info. I added an extra zero in front and I'm just gonna leave it like that I think?

There was an error on the website that has now been corrected.

Anyone registering an HD 800 now is asked for a 5-figure number and not 6-figures.

All sorted. ;D