What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad, if you like his style. It is better than his last one, and there are a couple songs that stood out as closer to the old Chris Isaak. Although not nearly as often as my wife, I saw him live many times and he can be great. He was getting to slick and sappy, but this album at least heads back in the right direction.

Since then:

Rasputina -- Radical Recital

735669_500x500.jpg

Rasputina -- Frustration Plantation

620722_500x500.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Why are you surprised? It's a nice album but nothing special and very derivative of what was done in the 70's. Still good if you like that kind of stuff.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Good album, not Ghost's best, but I was just surprised there were 1s and 2s for it. Got any recs for rock out psych stuff?

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Good album, not Ghost's best, but I was just surprised there were 1s and 2s for it. Got any recs for rock out psych stuff?

There is a lot of new stoner guys who for this category, The Atomic Bitchwax for example, but if you want to go to the roots try these guys:

High Tide - Sea Shanties (1969)

s623443.jpg

Psych hard rock with violins and Hawkwind vibe.

Also try Hawkwind if you did not yet. Early Guru Guru are freak out psych rock, Lucifer's Friend falls into Psych hard rock category and has John Lawton on vox.