What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

Pain of Salvation, Road Salt One -- goddamn, I love the direction these guys have gone lately: gritty, very 70's organic guitar tones and arrangements, but with a contemporary fidelity. A little less progressive, but who cares? There's plenty of that to go around -- they still experiment a little ("No Way", "Sleeping under the Stars"), so all's good.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to Destroy Angels -- sounds like Nine Inch Nails with a female lead singer

Sorry Dusty, I think this EP is garbage. It does sound like NIN...NIN at its worst (With Teeth, Year Zero type blandness). At least the stuff on Ghosts was some what interesting.

Where the hell is my 10th anniversary Fragile set. We're half way through 2010 already :mad:

Sorry Dusty, I think this EP is garbage. It does sound like NIN...NIN at its worst (With Teeth, Year Zero type blandness). At least the stuff on Ghosts was some what interesting.
No need to apologize, you're entitled to your opinions. Just as I make no apologies not only for being gay for everything Trent related, but gay for the whole genre, pretty much.

I have to agree with you, though -- I found With Teeth and Year Zero were his weakest efforts. I don't find myself listening to them near as much as the older stuff, and I can't even remember anything other than "Every Day is Exactly the Same" and "With-a Teeth-a", the latter of which sounds like he's mocking something, rather than trying to pull off something serious.

That said, I totally dig Nine-Inch-Nails type music with a female singer.

And I did kind of hear some Downward Spiral-type stuff.

NIN garbage is still miles above most other stuff though.
This.