What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wuthering Heights, Salt -- totally digging this. Imagine Ronnie James Dio meets Big Country. I swear I played Mad Sailor 6 times in a row.

Listening to a song on their Myspace page, it kind of reminds of what Demons and Wizards might sound like with Dio singing instead of Hansi K

12229-house-with-no-home.jpg

Horse Feathers - House with No Home

Thanks Vicki!

I thought I heard some of their songs before when I was listening to them on NPR, but now I know. This one girl during junior year used to love giving me mixtapes and Horse Feathers was always on each one of those mixtapes.

man this matches my mood so well right now

And this matches mine:

11157.jpg

Kronos Quartet with Aki Takahashi performing Morton Feldman's Piano and String Quartet. i used to listen to Morton Feldman a lot years ago, just found this cd this afternoon, apparently the only one I still have.

Your loss.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I have their first album:

B0009UC7UM.jpg

Touched By The Crimson King is their actually their second, the first is self titled, I personally thought their first was a stronger album. They don't have quite the Celtic thing Wuthering Heights does in that Youtube link though, I find Demons and Wizards is bit more along the lines of the epic fantasy type metal. If this helps, the singer is from Blind Guardian and the guitarist is from Iced Earth. They're not a band I listen to much but every now and then I get an itch for it.