Sansa Fuse + ATH-ESW10JPN with a Nuforce Icon Mobile hidden behind the Sansa

slwiser

IMG_1004.jpg?t=1229651747

For a view of the size of the Fuse with the Icon Mobile together. I have two small patches of velcro between them as well.

IMG_0994.jpg?t=1229652095

Fuse is configured with a 16 gig microSD for a total of 24 gigs of storage. I have converted about 3000 FLAC files to Extreme VBR MP3 for my pleasure...

This is my latest portable configuration.

IMG%5D

How does it sound?

For me it sounds very good and enjoyable when I am out and about. Like when I am in the car waiting for my wife when she is shopping somewhere or when I am at work. The headphone is compromised a bit by the Fuse and Icon Mobile compared with my home amps but for what I am after when I out this is great.

portable setups are seriously approaching a size where I'd consider having one. Pretty sweet. How tight is the fit of the two items between that nuforce band?

I have Velcro tabs between the Fuse and amp along with the band. The space allows the cable to wrap nicely out of the way. It is very tight the way I have it configured.

Why stop there, just get rid of the whole amp thing ;)

Before the Nuforce Icon Mobile came in that is exactly what I used when I was out and about with but once I placed the amp into the mix it quickly demonstrated that it was in the right place.

:D I highly value pocket space, so maybe that'll be what happens. Might even just use my phone as the portable setup, sure it might not sound as good, but it is one less item to carry.

But with the width of the two put together being slightly over the height of a quarter, it's quite intriguing.

Intriguing is the right word here. That is exactly why I placed that image in the post to show just how small this combo is and it fits nicely into a shirt pocket or into my pants pocket when needed.

Can you or did you post a pic of the Nuforce unhidden? I guess I could google that for myself...

There is not much to look at, it is very utilitarian. There are four small LED lights that show status and on the side opposite, a clean flat side. On one edge is a volume knob and the usb port and gain switch. You turn it on and off by plugging in the headphone and unplugging it.

These is just not much to see...note that it is only a little longer than the Fuse itself and the Fuse is tiny.