CanJam 2009

Asr

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wuhoo! There's a better than slight chance I'll be swinging by the hotel ~1pm on Friday, anyone going to be around? If so look for the tall, pasty white guy sucking down drinks in the bar.

With any luck, I will be there before then. You have my #. Call when you get to the hotel. I'll be the tall, not so pasty guy having a beer with you.

If you guys can pace yourselves till 2:30ish, you'll be joined by a third thirsty tall-y.

As I understand it, once you arrive, I am no longer considered tall. The idea is to re-enact the SJ National, which requires a trip to the beach, hitchhike and get a ride in the back of a pickup truck. Having said that, we will probably be at the bar when you arrive.

And if your still standing by 3:30 you can be joined by a short fat guy.

Do you know this short fat guy? If so, we will have no problem drinking with him until you arrive.

The VanJam team is assembling ...

JP11801, NightWoundsTime, Voltron, Cetoole, and meself had a few brews then attended last night's Giants vs Braves game at AT & T - amazing evening that started here:

CanJam09-6.jpg

JPnums, Voltron, and Cetoole pounding

CanJam09.jpg

Wonderful stuff

CanJam09-3.jpg

Picked up Trice after the game, and pounded a few more at Toronado (thanks for the detour, Al), now back at Mayberry for a few hours rest. Who knows what today may bring.

After last night's frivolity, I got a good solid 4 hours of sleep before waking up at 5:30am to get on a conference call for work. Excedrin is a good thing, is all I'm saying. Still on the call, but taking a detour to check out the state of affairs. Gene is awake and the rest of the crew in Mayberry is still snoring away. After this call, we have time to play around the Bay, we will pick up the VanJam Sprinter, and check out Jenny Lewis and The Sadies at the Fillmore (West). Perhaps a beverage or two will be consumed along the way. :)

Know y'all will have a great time. Someone have a scotch for me.

Perhaps another year.

A scotch?! Ha ha ha ha!

After last night's frivolity, I got a good solid 4 hours of sleep before waking up at 5:30am to get on a conference call for work. Excedrin is a good thing, is all I'm saying. Still on the call, but taking a detour to check out the state of affairs. Gene is awake and the rest of the crew in Mayberry is still snoring away. After this call, we have time to play around the Bay, we will pick up the VanJam Sprinter, and check out Jenny Lewis and The Sadies at the Fillmore (West). Perhaps a beverage or two will be consumed along the way. :)

A scotch?! Ha ha ha ha!

I just spoke to Dom and I am pretty certain he is a go.

I just spoke to Dom and I am pretty certain he is a go.

Cool. We got to him while we were at the game last night. The power of the :basement: plus a little scholarship was a powerful combination!

Tell Jenny I love her long time. :ian:

Maybe I will print out one or your drinking thread self-portraits and try to get her to rub herself with it. ;D

Cool. We got to him while we were at the game last night. The power of the :basement: plus a little scholarship was a powerful combination!

I want in on contributing to the scholarship. stevieo also told me this morning, after I woke him up, that he is arriving tonight.

I want in on contributing to the scholarship. stevieo also told me this morning, after I woke him up, that he is arriving tonight.

OK, probably will need to talk to Gene on the $. We also talked to stevieo and he spilled that he was coming. This meet is truly going to be like the Harmonic Convergence, although more powerful than that turned out. :eek:

Dinny better get on that plane just in case...

I cannot start meet impressions because that is Matt's job, but I think we should merge over some pictures and have an official impressions thread.

Anyway, here is how the MOAR team was greeted on arrival here at 12:30 this morning:

Image-186F4EDF4B9D11DE.jpg

While I have been on this ongoing conference call, Gene has been clawing away at his laptop and then Stephen came down to join him for some coffee shandies:

Image-186EEFFE4B9D11DE.jpg

Ah, the breakfast of champions:

Image-186F1F404B9D11DE.jpg

More MOAR to come. :)