CanJam 2009

Asr

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacy and I are going to the Fleetwood Mac concert at Staples Center on Thursday evening and then heading for the hotel. What time do you arrive in LA. Maybe you'd like to go and possibly get a ticket? I'll be checking into the hotel before going to the concert so would provide transportation for you. Depending on your time of arrival I could pick you up. Either way, Stacy and I are looking forward to seeing you again.

Thanks, Ken. If I were getting in earlier, I might take you up on that, but I'm arriving after 9 hours of travel, and it will be way past my bedtime with the time difference. I'm coming in early on purpose to sleep in, rest up, and get ready for big fun. See you on Friday!

I really don't understand how having a king-size bed counteracts room-mooching.Decrees, on the other hand...

Well, the idea that I have an extra bed all empty and going to waste is taken away. Now, I may have a bed that's won't be empty, though will be still going to waste, but that's an entirely different matter.

A hardcore moocher (e.g. a cat) would not only take the bed, but kick you out as well.

Nah. Cats just like to walk on you and maybe sit on your head. You just become part of the bed for them.

I think I'm going solo as well.

I'm not sure, but I think that means we're getting old. I know I need the recuperative powers of occasional solitude so I can better enjoy the expected drunken and disorderly onslaught of my wonderful friends.

doesnt look like ill be able to make it now (not that it matters much). hope everyone has fun.

What is this? This makes no sense to me.

not really. i figured if i kept the reasons out of this post unlike what i did with the plantation meet thread, i would get a lot less grief. i got an internship with ncci in the summer. that combined with school pretty much makes it impossible to leave FOR ME. other people in my shoes probably could pull it off but i dont think ill be able to.well all that and the cost of the whole trip is prohibitively high for me. i was initially going to use miles from my dads account but a roundtrip to cali is the same number of miles as a roundtrip to india and i think my dad would rather keep the miles for that even though any and all trips to india blow ass.

thanks vicki and morphsci. only gear i have left is the parasound dac and the 650s.

a job as an actuary is one that i might want to pursue later on so im going to try my hardest to work overtime and impress the folk there. given that i start on may 15th, i dont think that they will appreciate me taking a day off just 2 weeks after i start making canjam attendance an impossibility.