New DAC from Wadia with built in headphone amp designed by Ray

Cankin

in simple it turns ur ipod as a transport and after you connect ur fav dac to the digi out..

I really would love to hear the comparsions to the Benchmark usb and this new DAC from Wadia

Well if it's like other wadia, the DAC will be a lot less harsh and more "musical". Wadia's filter rolls off like a mo-fo.

To bad they did not get Justin to do the amp for them.

I think Wadia is very capable of designing a headphone amp :) Headphone outs on the DACs like Benchmark, Lavry, never get any credibility on Head-Fi though. Maybe these companies care more about Head-Fi than they like to say they do

I think Wadia is very capable of designing a headphone amp :) Headphone outs on the DACs like Benchmark, Lavry, never get any credibility on Head-Fi though. Maybe these companies care more about Head-Fi than they like to say they do

I know I have always enjoyed the Lavry Headamp's performance more than many others give it credit as well as it's Dac. Note I own two of them and am waiting your own release of your DAC to get a third excellent source.

I understand what it does, I don't understand why people would want that.

I can see people using it as a office rig, keeping the ipod updated is easier and used better in portable then keeping another computer as source...

they probably have these back ordered from the interest.

smart move on Wadia part for partnering with RSA, one complaint lots of people say about the dac1 is the headamp.

Well if it's like other wadia, the DAC will be a lot less harsh and more "musical". Wadia's filter rolls off like a mo-fo.

explain this roll off? can u compre it to a Meridian house sound?

I love the DAC1 but it ain't no G08 dac, its to accurate and flat...like a studio would want (explains why they made it like that) but the G08 is mushly amazing..

think i am missing my G08..

explain this roll off? can u compre it to a Meridian house sound?

I love the DAC1 but it ain't no G08 dac, its to accurate and flat...like a studio would want (explains why they made it like that) but the G08 is mushly amazing..

think i am missing my G08..

I'm not saying it doesn't sound good I'm just saying it's down almost 3dB at 20kHz which is a lot for most DACs:

Stereophile: Wadia 27ix & Wadia 270 transport

• 10 months later...

Yeah, I bet the market for an integrated speaker amp was much larger than the headphone amp market.

I wonder if it's a response to Headroom's computer desktop system (sans headphone amp of course)? Or more generally, an acknowledgement of the growing number of audiophiles that might want a higher quality speaker system at their computer.