SAA Equinox Voice

penger

"With the proper cabling (power and interconnect) and vibration control applied to each component in your system, the Equinox VOICE will deliver sonic perfection to your ears." (From their website)

apparently all bets are off if you dont apply vibration control to each component in your system. :palm:

not sure why someone would want a $1400 cable for a pair of $250 dollar headphones. if i had the spare cash lying around then probably would spring for it but i think 1400 added to a amp budget would probably be better than a freaking cable but if you already have top shelf gear then whats another headphone cable.

*Rant Warning*

I hate those product pictures on the SAA website.

Why can't they use high-resolution photos? Instead they try to be "artsy-fartsy audiophile" with those useless half-assed drawings. No one can tell how the product looks like.

I bought an Equinox HD650 cable, but I'm not going to buy any more SAA products until they have proper photos. I know it's a stupid reason, but hey, I'm "saving" money, right?

If they had photos, I would potentially be in the market for:

- Power cords and umbilicals for four amps: ES-1, Aristaeus, BHSE, Zana Deux

- Equinox Voice cables for HD650 and HD800

Instead, they have those crappy drawings and my wallet stays fat and happy.

Snake oil at it's finest and playing on the major weakness of HF since almost nobody there thinks that something can be crap despite the high price. :palm: That idiot at SAA invited me to come to the NY meet in December to try out his cables when I questioned the BHSE cable he's pushing. :rolleyes:

*Rant Warning*

I hate those product pictures on the SAA website.

Why can't they use high-resolution photos? Instead they try to be "artsy-fartsy audiophile" with those useless half-assed drawings. No one can tell how the product looks like.

I bought an Equinox HD650 cable, but I'm not going to buy any more SAA products until they have proper photos. I know it's a stupid reason, but hey, I'm "saving" money, right?

If they had photos, I would potentially be in the market for:

- Power cords and umbilicals for four amps: ES-1, Aristaeus, BHSE, Zana Deux

- Equinox Voice cables for HD650 and HD800

Instead, they have those crappy drawings and my wallet stays fat and happy.

Tempus Sans ITC FTMFL. The spacing is what bothers me the most. Tighten that shit up, ffs.

Higher price = better for many peaple.

HD650 stock to SAA Equinox the step is hudge because the stock one is so bad ...

HD800 stock seem to be good quality and the potential to be far better have less room.

The "Voice" is not imbue with magic ... it's probably possible to have something close at much cheeper price. I am sure to save 1400$, many HD800's owners will try others possibility before buy the Voice.

But we just need 1 peaple buy the Voice to have to possibility to compare with. ;-)

How about this gem:

The fidelity absorbing material used in internal and external structure of the stock cable considerable raise the signal resistance.

"Fidelity Absorbing Material"? do you suppose I could restore the fidelity by just rinsing it out really well and dislodging that material?

That's true, and that was roughly my thought process for a long time.

HD650 stock to SAA Equinox the step is hudge because the stock one is so bad ...

The HD650 stock cable is great - I've been using one for a while now. Had the Equinox/Clou red/Cardas/Zu/Silver D/Blue D before.

... it's probably possible to have something close at much cheeper price.

Yeah, like the stock cable. Plus the stock cable is far far more pleasant to use, despite whatever the other manufacturers claim about ergonomics & low microphonics on their aftermarket cables.

• 2 months later...