SAA Equinox Voice

penger

I don't really care about people pointing and laughing at the hobby. People point and laugh about a lot of things, particularly things they don't understand or don't appreciate. People have different value systems, they can laugh at mine if they want but I won't care.

I'm more concerned about sound quality. I also admit to being influenced to some extent by appearance. But the Equinox Voice's wood parts and thick cloth cover don't strike me favorably in the appearance category.

I doubt the wood parts have any influence on the sound. I assume the design, the thickness, number of strands, cloth covering, etc. all improve the sound to some degree, that it was designed and made that way for a good reason. Listening will be the only real test, as individually subjective as that can be. Comparisons and some longer-term usage would help to confirm the level of its quality.

As for price, damn, $1400 for a headphone cable is pretty ridiculous. I say this as someone who owns an Equinox cable as well as several other 3rd party headphone recables. In most cases, I found the recables to be an improvement over stock and generally worthwhile to me in terms of value. But they are already close to my limits.

I think the Equinox Voice is over the limit of what I would be willing to pay, even if it does sound marginally better than a regular Equinox or other cables. And marginally better is the most I would expect of it.

The voice cables where at the past NY meet last DEC in Harrison.

I listened to the hd650 not knowing price it sounded very good,but it was in a very HIend system.

The cotton covering completey turned me off,I could invision this cable after a while just getting dirty looking, at normal cable pricing that was enough

for me not to even consider the cable,let alone $1400.00.

• 1 month later...