Brand new to Head Case....

kelvinz

Hey y'all, I'm also new here after 2 years on head-fi. I'm too poor and live in too remote a location to have much experience with different cans and amps, and this looks like a good place to advance my learning and toss some bull around as well.

Welcome to Head-case, sorry about your thin skin (and the back of your head).

Upon first glance, I notice there aren't nearly enough relationship advice threads - what's up with that?

Try making one and see what happens.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey y'all, I'm also new here after 2 years on head-fi. I'm too poor and live in too remote a location to have much experience with different cans and amps, and this looks like a good place to advance my learning and toss some bull around as well. Upon first glance, I notice there aren't nearly enough relationship advice threads - what's up with that?

What part of Manitoba? "too remote a location" means pretty much anywhere outside of the 'peg :P

I live in staff housing in Riding Mountain National Park, 2.5 hours from Winnipeg. It's pretty sweet, and not too remote for most things, but for some reason there's not much of a high-fi audio community out here. I guess it's probably because if moose had headphones they'd just rip them to shreds while sparring for dominance.

I live in staff housing in Riding Mountain National Park, 2.5 hours from Winnipeg. It's pretty sweet, and not too remote for most things, but for some reason there's not much of a high-fi audio community out here. I guess it's probably because if moose had headphones they'd just rip them to shreds while sparring for dominance.

What do you do there, I mean for work?

• 6 months later...
So you read your welcome PM and you know all us. So far so good. Welcome jantze ;D

Welcome, and if you have been paying attention in that year, you will have a good sense of what works here and what doesn't. Cheers. :)

Yes sirs.

I'll try to avoid the big beating.

veriloylykauha.png

Cheers.

I got my ass whoopin out of the way from the start. Kind of like jumping in cold water as apposed to the little at a time method.

Better to be a full on :asshat:, then conform - now go bash a headphone you haven't heard and get some :P

Ahem... Why did you get your ass whooped? Because of your bashing of a headphone you haven't heard? :P

Ok, now bury me... :basement:

There's only one rule here: don't be an asshat. :asshat:

What does it mean concretely? Well, you have to read a couple of threads to understand as it depends on many variables, which include humor of the mods, tone of the posts, past experience, etc. Also, there are a couple of resident asshats here, which circumvent to the only rule, but those spots are already filled.

As someone who got a good hard shovelling when he first came here, and then didn't come back for many months. I cannot advocate hard enough the necessity for it. Especially since if it hadn't happened you'd have got a stupid moron nerd arsehole without a clue instead of a stupid moron nerd arsehole with a ticket #499538 in the queue to get a clue.