Cary Xciter Integrated Headphone Amp

tyrion

We will know in about a week. However, I prefer it to the Audio Aero DAC. On the bright side, when decide to sell your latest and greatest dac, the ERC-1 will still be available for $400.

not likely as I gave up spinning the silver discs over a year ago with no plans to go back. If I have a next upgrade it is to the Metric Halo ULN-8 once they start hitting the used market in about a year.

I got a chance to listen it for about 30 minutes or so.

It has a very warm tube sound. I liked the fact that it comes with a remote control and I thought it looked pretty nice.

But I prefer a neutral sound, I don't like tube amps that add a warm tone to the music. And even if I liked it, $2,800 is too steep for me.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I find funny is the text, which often claim Class A or Single Ended operation when it is clearly not or clearly stated otherwise in the spec form that's not too far away from the marketingese text...

It has 4 KT88! If these 4 are only putting out 5W, then i expect that it is because it is running in SE class A with the KT88s wired as triodes. That or it is operating as a space heater.