YIKES Custom Balanced Power Conditioner

Yikes

Well I finally finished my custom Balanced Power Conditioner. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. ;D

Acme Silver plated Cryo outlets. A little Siltech wire.

Now I can't wait to get my equipment back from service.

Thanks Kevin.

front_1_SM.jpg

Inside_1_SM.jpg

Back_1_SM.jpg

• Like 1

It weighs 41 lbs.

The parts cost is about $750, but if you built one without the audiofool parts it would be about $350. The ACME outlets are $45 each, and the Siltech input power cable is $300.

To buy a consumer version would run well in excess of $1000. The Equitech with equivalent current capacity sells for over $1800.

What?s Mang?

Tortran

http://www.tortran.com/

I got in on a small group buy. I believe we ordered 4 or 5 of them. They were custom. They were spec'd by John Newton of Sound-Mirror recording/mastering studios (He's a recording engineer and a EE). They were designed to be used on the road. Input whatever you have and they'll give you 120 balanced. It even has a 100 volt tap, which would allow the inclusion of a variac with which you could adjust the voltage between 100 and 140 +-

I don?t have the exact specs. It was spec?d for use as a balanced power isolation device. It is a 1.5 KV balanced power transformer. More than that I can?t tell you. The person who spec?d it knows what is important.

I?m listening now, and it sure seems to make a difference. It could just be my expectations, still if I perceive a difference that is all that mattes to me. It?s my ears that count.

Hopefully by this time next week I?ll have my Exemplar player and amp back and I?ll be able to evaluate it with a reference caliber system then.

The meters are not vintage for vintages sake. Nice digital meters cost more than $40 each. Fancy backlit (Ala McIntosh) meters cost much more. These Chinese non-backlit analog meters cost $13 each.

I?d love to get some big McIntosh style meters, but they?re too much money.

Yesterday I discussed an idea with Siltech in Holland. I am going to have a custom balanced power transformer made to the same specs as mine. The only difference will be that this one will be wired with Siltech G5 silver-gold wire.

I?ll be able to make direct comparisons to determine if it?s worthwhile. My bet is that it will be much better. We?ll see.

Whether Siltech would market such a product is questionable. As of yet I don?t know the amount of wire that is necessary. My guesstimate is that a Siltech balanced power isolation device would likely sell in the $10,000 range. :o

I know that most would consider that silly money. So we?re considering it an experiment. Still I might end up with the only system on the planet where everything, power, and all of the signal path is Siltech silver-gold ;D

I know that most would consider that silly money. So we?re considering it an experiment. Still I might end up with the only system on the planet where everything, power, and all of the signal path is Siltech silver-gold ;D

are you also planning on redoing your house wiring in Siltech silver-gold too? that'll be awesome.