YIKES Custom Balanced Power Conditioner

Yikes

The meters are not vintage for vintages sake. Nice digital meters cost more than $40 each. Fancy backlit (Ala McIntosh) meters cost much more. These Chinese non-backlit analog meters cost $13 each.

I?d love to get some big McIntosh style meters, but they?re too much money.

the analog meters in my MAudio DMP3 are backlit (plain old bulb, not blue) and they look great. I wonder how much they cost (two on there) since the unit itself was around 100.

are you also planning on redoing your house wiring in Siltech silver-gold too? that'll be awesome.

no alex this one is better. its acrolink, you know!

Acrolink 6N-P4060F ...six-nines OFC, 10-gauge copper, in-wall cable.

Extraordinarily high-quality, ultra-pure conductors for the ultimate in music and home cinema systems.

$100 per meter....custom lengths available.

Acrolink 6N-P4060F Specifications:

Conductors: Two extra thick, 10-gauge, very soft stress-free copper wire/ 2.6mm each

Conductor resistance: 3 m/meter

Electrostatic capacitance: 45 pF/meter

Maximum current: 17A/VCTF Standards

Requires installation of external ground wire

No I won?t be wiring my house with Siltech. ::)

Depending on the amount of wire necessary for the transformer I would consider the possibility of doing only the secondaries with Siltech. :-\

I laugh at your puny Acrolink. ;D Comparing Acrolink to Siltech is akin to comparing a Hyundai to a Mercedes. The Hyundai is obviously a better value, but no one who?s in his or her right mind is going to say that the Hyundai is a better car.

No offense, as I know you work for them, but this Siltech wire had better have crushed dragon bones in it or something. Talk about fucking insane pricing on something that could not possibly cost the company even 1% to fabricate.

I'm not talking snake oil here as I have not heard the cables, but what a ripoff! ::)

No offense, as I know you work for them, but this Siltech wire had better have crushed dragon bones in it or something. Talk about fucking insane pricing on something that could not possibly cost the company even 1% to fabricate.

I'm not talking snake oil here as I have not heard the cables, but what a ripoff! ::)

You have no idea what it costs to produce one of our cables. If you are some bozo making cables in his garage out of some OEM crap that they have purchase you are correct. Try making Silver-Gold conductors and then using a geometry that no one else is using, that you spent hundreds of hours developing. Try calling up an OEM manufacturer and ordering a custom geometry (New machines required) out of ultra high grade silver and gold with Kapton insulation and just see how expensive cables can be. Then ask them what the minimum order is. Once you get into manufacturing a unique product out of very expensive materials the cost goes up astronomically.

You have no idea about the costs of developing such products. Siltech in Holland has hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of test equipment that they use in the development and testing of its designs.

Does Siltech make money? Sure. We?re not a charity. Does Siltech make as much margin as you believe? Absolutely not. The people who sell what amounts to DIY cables on Head-Fi might make the kind of margins that you believe. We however do not.

Since you are fucking clueless about what it costs to produce a genuinely unique high technology cable you should shut the fuck up!

Cost us less than 1% to produce? You?re a fucking moron! Our $2600 interconnects use WBT-101 RCA?s. OEM cost for a set of 101?s is many times what you believe our cost to be.

Value is a subjective determination. If you say that our cables are not a good value I would not criticize you (Many people find them to be a good value). However when you make idiotic and grossly mistaken estimates as to what our production costs are I refuse to stay quiet.

Try talking about what you know, instead of making shit up about something you know nothing about.

Try talking about what you know, instead of making shit up about something you know nothing about.
I respect all the points you make, but frankly, I don't believe you. What is the markup on one of your cables? Care to share?

Let me put it this way? What can you buy for $8000. Think about that for a second. Now, think about how much more complicated and costly in materials and research costs 95% of the stuff at that price point is when compared to a goddamn RCA cable?

I'm sure they sound great, but there is clearly an ENORMOUS markup here.

Since you are fucking clueless about what it costs to produce a genuinely unique high technology cable you should shut the fuck up!
Eat my fucking cock you hairy ape! >:D

Besides, aren't you a marketing guy??? Do you even know what it costs your company to make these cables or what the material costs are? ::)

Besides, aren't you a marketing guy??? Do you even know what it costs your company to make these cables or what the material costs are? ::)

I know what the parts that we OEM cost, and just the OEM parts cost several time what you feel the entire cable cost to produce. That alone proves that you?re full of shit.

Eat my fucking cock you hairy ape! >:D

OK, but you won?t like it. My technique is terrible, but I do have enthusiasm. :dance:

I know what the parts that we OEM cost, and just the OEM parts cost several time what you feel the entire cable cost to produce. That alone proves that you?re full of shit.
Even if the OEM parts cost several time what I feel the entire cable costs to produce there is still a huge markup.

I don't know why you are taking this so personally as I am sure that, working for a premium hifi cable company, you encounter a fair amount of skepticism. ;)

OK, but you won?t like it. My technique is terrible, but I do have enthusiasm.
LOL... Why does the mind always have to picture something when it reads about it? WHY!?!?!? :'(

I wrote the joke and I didn?t ?have to picture? it. Perhaps you have secret issues that up to now you were conveniently unaware of. ;D

Skepticism of a products performance or its relative value is one thing, i.e. an opinion. However you stated as fact that our products ?could not possibly cost the company even 1% to fabricate.? Since you are way off the mark (several multiples at least) it pisses me off. You have no idea about what it actually takes to produce a product. The final assembly labor alone costs significantly more than the amount that you stated as a fact for the costs of the entire cable.

Why do I care? Because some people might read your drivel and actually believe it. Since your statement is grossly inaccurate I choose to take issue with it. Don?t You think that if you went online and started saying that SP amps or Headroom amps are ripoffs because they could not possibly cost the company even 1% (or 5% or 10%) to fabricate that Tyll or Mikhail would respond saying how wrong you are?

I am not here to sell cables. The only time I mention Siltech is when I am referring to my own system, or something I?m planning. I truly like the product that I represent. My system was wired with Siltech before I got this job, and it?ll likely be wired with Siltech long after I leave this job.

So basically I exaggerated. Sorry. :)

My point still stands, whether it be 1%, 5% or 10%... anyways, no point in continuing this discussion that I can see. I think we both made clear where we are coming from and even got some funny gay jokes out of the situation. :D

So did you like my gay joke? I came up with it twenty-five years ago when I was in the Navy. Most sailors are major homophobes and they would really freak out. It was hilarious.

So I had a good retort when someone said, ?Suck my dick!?

The other comeback that I am really proud of was when someone said,

?Your Mothers a whore!?

I would reply ?Yes, but she?s expensive? :dance:

They would get this confused look on their face, it was priceless.

So did you like my gay joke? I came up with it twenty-five years ago when I was in the Navy. Most sailors are major homophobes and they would really freak out. It was hilarious.
Yeah, I've used that one myself. ;) [Though you executed it exceptionally well]

Can't stand homophobes. ::)

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...