Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

• The boards would already be connected to the angled aluminum (done by the builder)

Comments?

I think this is best, this way the boards can be tested once assembled. Once the heatsink angle iron is fitted, you don't have to worry about undoing it, shipping and risking damage as the end user is trying to refit the angle iron.

Maybe the prime builders ought to have a separate thread to facilitate the design and integration process, which should include as a minimum: prototype board design and its testing/validation, parts selection and specs, amp chassis integration issues, parts procurement/cost, and assembly/test/distribution issues.

Any thoughts?

:) I dunno, we like need wire and you seem to always have a lot of it lying around ... I can always give this one to someone else if you aren't up for it!

I'm not sure I've ever had that much just laying around. But if you guys want some exotic wire for this project I'll work my contacts and discounts and see how cheaply it can be had.

Not quite that far yet, but I'm sure they will. Boards are pretty much done other than putting the transistors in. I also need to decide how i will mount these to the heatsinks (angle bracket or standing up straight onto rectangular section aluminum). SumR transformer on order, plus case.

BTW, did anyone happen to download j4cbo's Eagle schematics and/or board files on headwize? Looking at the board, it may be possible to do this in the freeware version of Eagle. Maybe.

dynafet.bmp

http://headwize.com/ubb/showpage.php?fnum=3&tid=6584&srch=dynafet;

Edited by Pars

Not quite that far yet, but I'm sure they will. Boards are pretty much done other than putting the transistors in. I also need to decide how i will mount these to the heatsinks (angle bracket or standing up straight onto rectangular section aluminum). SumR transformer on order, plus case.

Did you see my post earlier here. I used an angle aluminum bracket.

I have two unpopulated Dynahi boards and one unpopulated Dynahi PSU pcb I ought to put up for sale at some point.

Yes, I was looking at that as yours is a very well done example of angle bracket. I just always wondered why most people did it that way instead of mounting the output BJTs straight up onto a rectangular section about the thickness of the board offset (3/8") or so? I guess the angle bracket does lend itself to the board mount for that side and all.

It would be nice in the Dynafet project to make the boards so they could kinda interchange in a Dynahi as far as mounting, etc. so you could swap boards in the same amp chassis.

Yes, I was looking at that as yours is a very well done example of angle bracket. I just always wondered why most people did it that way instead of mounting the output BJTs straight up onto a rectangular section about the thickness of the board offset (3/8") or so? I guess the angle bracket does lend itself to the board mount for that side and all.

It would be nice in the Dynafet project to make the boards so they could kinda interchange in a Dynahi as far as mounting, etc. so you could swap boards in the same amp chassis.

Man you read my mind ;D