Group Build: Dynafet

luvdunhill

My "?" is because I really don't know what/where I will be in the next couple of months. If I don't have to move I should be able to help out a lot. If this comes down before/during/after my move I won't be able to do much.

It would probably be a good idea to do a group buy for all the front and rear panels. Bulk discount plus it will make case work a bit easier.

Naaman,

Agreed 100% on the machined panels idea. I was really happy with the service that I got from Cam Expert and it's really a no-brainer if you can supply the material and only have to pay for the fab work.

Also depending on what people want this thing to do a I/O board with all the back panel connectors PCB mounted could also make production much easier.

Also depending on what people want this thing to do a I/O board with all the back panel connectors PCB mounted could also make production much easier.

Sounds good to me, although I not sure I'm ready to offer casework skills since I don't want one. But I could always just send the assembled pcbs to someone else. :)

As Nate said, oh frack it:

• luvdunhill - 8 - 4
  • Asr - 0 - 4
  • Stretch - 0 - 4
  • looser101 - 4 -2
  • PFKMan23 - 0 - 4
  • Naamanf -? - 4
  • Icarium - 0 - 4
  • Dreadhead - 0 - 4
  • n_maher - 4 - 0
  • Digipete - [8-12] - 4
  • Pars - [8-12] - 2

Willing to help build, match parts, etc.

Anyone have a BOM for this? I notice one on Headwize done in Google docs, but it seems to need updating (which I can do??).

Edited by Pars

As Nate said, oh frack it:

• luvdunhill - 8 - 4
  • Asr - 0 - 4
  • Stretch - 0 - 4
  • looser101 - 4 -2
  • PFKMan23 - 0 - 4
  • Naamanf -? - 4
  • Icarium - 0 - 4
  • Dreadhead - 0 - 4
  • n_maher - 4 - 0
  • Digipete - [8-12] - 4
  • Pars - [8-12] - 2

Willing to help build, match parts, etc.

Anyone have a BOM for this? I notice one on Headwize done in Google docs, but it seems to need updating (which I can do??).

Any reason you left me off?

[*]grawk - 4 - 4

I'll want parts, boards, chassis, panels, etc.

Nate, Naaman, Marc & others, any kind of educated guess as to cost of a balanced version?

One set of balanced inputs, single 4 pin balanced output...nothing too crazy.

Maybe $1250-$1500 for 4-channel build? I think we need to work a BOM based on the above quantities and go from there. I will try and get some hard quotes on semiconductors tomorrow. Perhaps Pars can take a crack at the various and sundry other items.

DigiPete: What did your Dynamight build cost? I'd say an extra 20% on top of that.

I am so gonna get one of those cases, a Dynafet will very probably be well out of my pricerange because I do have to ask... very sheepishly.

As others have indicated, those of us with no knowledge of such things don't even have a general ball park figure to work from and without some rough guesstimation of cost, it's hard to commit.

*edit*

Ah, yep that price is well above my threshold. :(

Edited by Smeggy

Maybe $1250-$1500 for 4-channel build? I think we need to work a BOM based on the above quantities and go from there. I will try and get some hard quotes on semiconductors tomorrow. Perhaps Pars can take a crack at the various and sundry other items.

DigiPete: What did your Dynamight build cost? I'd say an extra 20% on top of that.

That is well within my budget. I would like a case and all the other group buy frills as well :)

That estimate is actually quite a bit less than I anticipated. I have no friggin' idea what the heck I'd do with a Dynafet and a Beta22, but the sickness is strong, because I still want one.

I'll try my hardest to rechannel that urge into something really sensible like HD 800s.

There is no way that I could feasibly participate or contribute to this, but will watch with GREAT interest :)

Though if there is any scope for me to jump in on IO boards like naamanf made for his B22 builds, I would definitely give that some serious consideration......