Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st

Upstateguy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O2 MkII, BHSE, Sony 5400ES. My first-ever taste of electrostatic headphones. Which I guess is a bit like losing your virginity to the entire Swedish bikini modeling team, working in shifts.

Thanks for that review; Were you ever an author for this publication, perchance?

PlayboyBikiniTeam.jpg

I never thought it would happen to me, but ...

So did your "Team Source First" rig with the Northstar feeding a Starving Student & my HF-1s. Ridiculous x 1,000,000 and it sounded significantly better than it should have!

:D

Yeah, I feel like my table didn't get enough love.

Also, for those who haven't heard them, Ian's HF-1's with the cups that he turned are amazing. They are probably the most balanced pair of Grados I have heard. Nice and warm, and plenty of Grado impact without the migraine-inducing glare up top. And the cups are soft, which makes such a difference. This Meet reminded me that the HF-1 is my favorite Grado headphone even in stock form.

Yeah, I feel like my table didn't get enough love.

Also, for those who haven't heard them, Ian's HF-1's with the cups that he turned are amazing. They are probably the most balanced pair of Grados I have heard. Nice and warm, and plenty of Grado impact without the migraine-inducing glare up top. And the cups are soft, which makes such a difference. This Meet reminded me that the HF-1 is my favorite Grado headphone even in stock form.

Did you hear Ari's vintage RS-1s?

and yea, your northstar/SS or mini^3^2 was awesome.