Dell Inspiron Mini 9 as a Transport

tyrion

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Netbooks are rather noisy when their tiny fans are plugging along to keep them cool. You might be better off with a used 14"-15" laptop as their fans are a bit bigger and dont run quite as often. My wife Lenovo s10 is pretty noisy when in use while my R61 is dead quiet 99% of the time.

My EeePC is quiet as a (dead) church-mouse.

Most Netbooks are rather noisy when their tiny fans are plugging along to keep them cool. You might be better off with a used 14"-15" laptop as their fans are a bit bigger and dont run quite as often. My wife Lenovo s10 is pretty noisy when in use while my R61 is dead quiet 99% of the time.

My MSI Wind is very very quiet and the Dell will be silent because it hasn't got a fan and runs an SSD.

If you want better video support go with the Wind because it's still the only netbook with a proper O/C feature. 720p video and the core codec are smooth and fine with the +24% clockspeed.

I have the MSI Wind U120 and it is a perfectly fine netbook (if a bit cheaply made, but very cheap), however if I wanted to buy a new netbook now, I would rather wait for the new GN40 chipset with the updated CPU. Much better energy consumption and a huge boost in graphics performance.

heh ... keep telling yourself that.

I am not in the market for a netbook and have no desire for any self delusion.

Based on the benchmarks Ive seen, it would be roughly equivalent to a basic notebook for basic computing.

Plus the new chipset is capable of HD video(not that the stellar resolution of the screens would support it).