DIY PASS F5 BUILD THREAD

swt61

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I had milled that faceplate at the same time I built the matching K1000 case, and I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Marc had kept it stored away all this time.

He really did a beautiful job on this amp. Just loitering through his project room is always worth a trip to Austin though. You guys have no idea the extent of his projects, in varying states of completeness. Some truly impressive stuff!

That does look brilliant. :)

I've also been thinking about bulding a second F5 to drive the LCD-2's. I'd probably add a buffer on the the input with some gain and a volume control to make it fully self contained. I could also retrofit it to my current F5 but what would be the fun in that... grin.gif

That does look brilliant. smile.png

I've also been thinking about bulding a second F5 to drive the LCD-2's. I'd probably add a buffer on the the input with some gain and a volume control to make it fully self contained. I could also retrofit it to my current F5 but what would be the fun in that... grin.gif

Initially I'd intended to add a volume pot, but my incoming Buffalo DAC will have one (as well as a very neat little surprise Naaman added). And his casework makes mine look downright getto. :)

Initially I'd intended to add a volume pot, but my incoming Buffalo DAC will have one (as well as a very neat little surprise Naaman added). And his casework makes mine look downright getto. smile.png

Same deal here, dac with a full volume control (remote even) yet I put a volume control on everything.

Wait until you see my pathetic attempt at a wooden case until you call your stuff ghetto... :)

Same deal here, dac with a full volume control (remote even) yet I put a volume control on everything.

Wait until you see my pathetic attempt at a wooden case until you call your stuff ghetto... smile.png

What about a nice braided loaf case? Any way to keep it from molding? :D

garlicherbbraidbreadiii.jpg

Bread will always have mold issues in the end but there are ways of slowing it down significantly. I have thought about baking a case for an amp but it would be a lot of work since there is no way to do it without something to manipulate the dough into the correct form.

I'm not sure if a braided bread would work since it is far too thick. I once did a 4 piece litz braided loaf though.... laugh.png

What about ginger bread dough? Some recipes tend to come out really hard when baked and I haven't had any problems with ginger breads having mold or anything. I recommend baking it into about 1cm thick blocks and then using powdered sugar glazing paste to glue them together. I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard to bake in any threaded nuts for mounting purposes. Front/back panels can be cut out before baking if you know the swelling rate of the dough, but dremel should work just fine.

GingerbreadHouseBeingBuilt2.jpg

...now it's just a matter of time, I guess.