HeadAmp Pico USB DAC

padam

Doesn't help that Aaron and I are trying to funnel all your cash into a new 'puter ;)

Tell me about it!!!

I got nothin'!!! I need $800 for a new 'puter and $300 for the DAC.

That's a total of $1,100.00

Total I have saved so far....$20.00 and $60 I got coming in from a remaster job. So...$80!!!

I only need $1,020 more! :(

I'm gonna go shoot myself now.

Anybody want to trade money for music? :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a particular computer picked out?

Not really. They are helping me build it. However, I have no funds at the time. I need something really fast for the following:

1. Audio processing is very demanding.

2. I want to play Counter Strike Source and Call of Duty 4.

EDIT: I think all I have at the moment is a 500 GB hard drive (which was donated by Ausburger) and a cool case (donated by Iron Dreamer).

don't feel bad, nobody has gotten my jokes, today.

"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says 'Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says 'But, doctor...I am Pagliacci.'"

"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says 'Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says 'But, doctor...I am Pagliacci.'"

Just saw watchmen recently? :P

To continue off on the tangent. I bought the AE-2 because I didn't really want something as tiny as the Pico and I did not need a DAC.

At the time Justin explained that there is a small difference between the two and I mean SMALL: same OP-AMP just slightly better resistor matching. This means the Pico has a very slightly lower noise floor. Considering that we are hooking these things up to an ipod or other PMP then that noise floor is so far below that of the source it's pretty much a joke. To my ear they are identical but I did not do a detailed A/B.

I am gradually changing my mind and may order a Pico with DAC sometime in the future, once my wallet has some time to recover from the KGSS/Dynafet/HD800 situation I am currently in ;D