Advice on some power conditioning

shaizada

I feel for you, line noise would make me go nuts. The advantage of a power conditioner is that if you move, it goes with you dedicated lines are a more cost effective solution but it stays when you move.

Good luck finding a solution.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I should be thankful that I drink a lot when I listen to my music and have old tired ears, it sure saves me a lot of money on tweaks. My Oyaide connectors sound the same to me as my Oyaide clones and my dedicated line that is 1/2 meter from the panel sounds the same as my non-hospital grade outlets that are fifty feet from the other panel. We all hear differently and I guess that is a good thing.

Greg, maybe you should try cryo-ing your Kosta Browne pinots before drinking for the ultimate in flavor enhancement. :P

I feel for you, line noise would make me go nuts. The advantage of a power conditioner is that if you move, it goes with you dedicated lines are a more cost effective solution but it stays when you move.

Good luck finding a solution.

You have no idea....it's driving me bezerko!

If I were to look into conditioners, what do you suggest? I can go up to $2k max.

I like buying used.

Picked up the Exactpower EP15a in silver.

Success...no more popping from the bathroom so I guess it really works out for me.

Added benefits, seems like a whole new presentation to the sound. I can hear deeper into the recording and seems like this inky black background from wherein the sounds emerge.

I would say a very nice overall sound upgrade and isolation from the annoying circuit adjoined to my stereo room.

Happy camper here.

Oh before I forget, turned out that my friend has a Power Plant Premier which I had no idea about. I had brought that home to test it out. Its built beautifully, but the thing runs quite hot and has a fan in it as well that would go off when I plugged my monoblocks in it. Apart form that fan annoyance, I liked the multiwave settings, but I think the exactpower had an edge in the audio presentation. Exactpower stays in the system and topic closed :)

post-429-12951152850969_thumb.jpg

post-429-12951152851447_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I have one my my bathrooms attached to my audio circuit and it drives me nutsssssssssssss with the popping sound if a light/fan is switched on in there.

I'm still evaluating my options, but seems like dedicated line is the intelligent way to go.

another option would be to move... :P

• 1 month later...

I have a dedicated circuit and a PS Audio PP Premier. The circuit was very reasonable investment and I've enjoyed the PS Audio in my system.

Good power is the core of sound, so any reasonable edge to improve it (dedicated circuit, regenerator, good power cords, components with separate / external power sources, etc.) usually makes an appreciable sonic difference.

I have a dedicated circuit and a PS Audio PP Premier. The circuit was very reasonable investment and I've enjoyed the PS Audio in my system.

Good power is the core of sound, so any reasonable edge to improve it (dedicated circuit, regenerator, good power cords, components with separate / external power sources, etc.) usually makes an appreciable sonic difference.

Thats nice. Thanks for your valuable input, we care, really we do. I want all my components to have internal power sources, is there anything wrong with that?

Cool story brah.

• 5 months later...

I hate to bump an old topic, but if you live in an apt with undervolting(outlets show ~70V) and a bad electricity service, would a power conditioner or a regenerator like the PPP be useful? I currently have a regular UPS backup, but it's only surge protection and battery backup, I still get 70V from it.

70 volts? Most electronics wouldn't even function. I doubt that a PS Audio PPP could cope with such a drop. That's greater than 40% under voltage (unless you're in Japan), rent an analyzer that provides a printout. Then withhold rent until they fix your wiring. Good luck.

ahhh... I've been setting the multimeter to V~ 200, and it gave me 66-70V, when I set it to 700, it gave me 116V...

Regarding the bad power I'm not so sure anymore, only thing I have is a red light from the ups showing faulty wiring, I'd need an oscilloscope or something to find out, but with my gear it's not like I'll be able to tell the difference...