Feline hum

Smeggy

I notinced the weirdest thing tonight, I'd just been listening to something directly from the Gamma 1 DAC and the music ended and I was typing a message when I got a hum in one ear. It was coming in and out as the cat was passing over the wire. I called the cat back over and was able to get the phones to hum as I stroked or went near the cat!

It's very odd, anyone else ever had this happen?

PC > Gamma Dac > Yammy HP-1 > cat (himalayan)

don't know if hum is species specific or not. :D

Nope. I've never heard anything like that. Feline crackle, on the other hand, used to be a common sound in my home, happening when a cat attacks cables and/or cords in use at the time. After being followed by feline slap, where the cat gets a whack on the head, feline crackle ceased to be a problem.

I notinced the weirdest thing tonight, I'd just been listening to something directly from the Gamma 1 DAC and the music ended and I was typing a message when I got a hum in one ear. It was coming in and out as the cat was passing over the wire. I called the cat back over and was able to get the phones to hum as I stroked or went near the cat!

It's very odd, anyone else ever had this happen?

PC > Gamma Dac > Yammy HP-1 > cat (himalayan)

don't know if hum is species specific or not. :D

Sounds like static electricity fun to me...

cat walks over headphone wires = hummmm

cat walks away, I reach for cat= hmmmm

strokes cat=hmmm, hmmm, hmmm

so the chain of components can change order but cat is still the errant component, I believe he has grounding issues but when I approach him with the meter he flees! Would a copper collar to ground fix this?

Anyway, I will carry out this experiment with the second himalayan to see if it's just a single faulty cat or a problem with the make.

I'll report back later when I catch him.