Plantinum DAC III price

Hi Everyone,

after getting advice from Icarium, I think I will skip Esoteric DAC lines.

Right now , I have just known the Plantinum DAC III and plan to hunt for a used one. Does anyone know how much it will cost for a used one so i can save enough money for it?

any owners, here??

thanks

Be careful with op-amp based amps since it appears that MSB's DACs do not have any low pass filter on the output and has lots of high frequency noise:

MSBpldfig13.jpg

Stereophile: MSB Platinum Link Plus D/A processor

Be careful with op-amp based amps since it appears that MSB's DACs do not have any low pass filter on the output and has lots of high frequency noise:

MSBpldfig13.jpg

Stereophile: MSB Platinum Link Plus D/A processor

thanks for your warning. However, that one isn't the model which i am asking . I am asking about their top of the line MSB Plantinum DAC III.

Anyone knows the price range for a used one?

thanks

...which only bats can hear.

Dusty, I'm not complaining about it for it being audible., but it's ultrasonic noise that can cause some severe problems for certain types of amps (esp. some op-amps). It's also fairly common with DSD as well to the level that dCS talks about it on their web page.

Dusty, I'm not complaining about it for it being audible., but it's ultrasonic noise that can cause some severe problems for certain types of amps (esp. some op-amps). It's also fairly common with DSD as well to the level that dCS talks about it on their web page.
Not arguing with you, the following is a sincere question -- isn't there a natural low-pass filter built into all equipment? I mean, don't they all -- unless they say that their bandwidth extends beyond 20kHz -- limit those upper frequencies somewhat (and when I say somewhat, I mean significantly)? And I'm not saying this as a non-sequitur, I mean to say that it's enough so that it renders this issue moot?

I can confirm what you're saying about DSD by the way -- one of the British mags (I forget which one -- either Hi-Fi News or Hi-Fi Choice -- probably whichever one usually does the measurements) was posting an article in almost every issue there for a while about it.

But then all the amp failures failed to start showing up (with SACD), so I think they kind of got over it. (I also seem to remember them thinking that it should destroy certain kinds of tweeters, too. Or maybe it was the amp/tweeter combination that destroyed the amp. I don't remember...)

Not arguing with you, the following is a sincere question -- isn't there a natural low-pass filter built into all equipment? I mean, don't they all -- unless they say that their bandwidth extends beyond 20kHz -- limit those upper frequencies somewhat (and when I say somewhat, I mean significantly)? And I'm not saying this as a non-sequitur, I mean to say that it's enough so that it renders this issue moot

In short no. :)