Arlington, VA Meet

mypasswordis

I can bring a spare if you want.

Can you chain trafo's of one amp?

It's not necessary but wouldn't hurt if it wouldn't be too much hassle. I can in fact chain them off one amp because they all have earspeaker/loudspeaker switches so the only problem is if someone has the switch set on for another headphone and cranks the volume up trying to get sound and ends up blowing a driver.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Bump for win. Since I made the ET1000 DIN to Stax adapter I won't be needing the N1000 so hopefully there will be enough Stax amps that I won't need a speaker amp for anything except possibly the K1000. Also I will email Dusty tonight to remind him.

Edit: 1812 yayuh. Gotta listen to some Tchaik now.

All three 'stats I'm bringing are more or less ready now (I've had to work on all of them, in various ways): Beyer ET1000, Stax SR-X Pro, Stax Lambda Sig. And I'm bringing the K1k. Anyone here going to be bringing a 4 pin XLR to 2 3 pin XLR adapter so I don't have to make one? And Colin do you still have the 4 pin XLR to 1/4" adapter?

Sounds like Dusty is still a maybe.

man, that would have been a cool picture.

Yeah, but Justin obviously sucks at meet photography.

This shirt would've been appropriate.

For Colin. He wiped out all the zombies wielding a TooleAudio amp as a bludgeon. Poor Hirsch.

Edited by Voltron

The thread at HF has no pics so I might be the only one who has posted any pics from the meet. And as I said before, most of the pics I took were after most people had packed and left since I completely forgot about taking pics and also listening to headphones for most of the meet so it ended up being (crappy) pics of Colin's rig and various people.

It really was hard for me to tell much of anything when I was actually trying to listen to stuff, which was weird since I don't remember that happening the last DC area meet I attended. My (actual) highlight of the meet was the funky tube amp with the funky tubes.

I'm sure the other site has tons of photos of everything. I didn't listen to anything except stuff I'd heard before. Only thing I regret missing was the HE-5.

My win of the meet was the re-cabled CD3000. My god what a huge cable. :palm:

That's what happens when you re-purpose speaker cables

My (actual) highlight of the meet was the funky tube amp with the funky tubes.

Mine also. My first impression was that it may have been one of the best K-1000 amps I've heard (and that Pete really needed a better source).

I've got some pictures from my cell phone. Will try to upload them at some point when I get a minute and post them here and at the other place.

I'm sure the other site has tons of photos of everything. I didn't listen to anything except stuff I'd heard before. Only thing I regret missing was the HE-5.

My win of the meet was the re-cabled CD3000. My god what a huge cable. :palm:

You might not have regretted it that much. I can say I really didn't think the HE-5 were that great.

• 4 weeks later...
My (actual) highlight of the meet was the funky tube amp with the funky tubes.
Mine three. Those meter tubes caught my attention from across the room, and the cleanliness and authority of the sound was outstanding. Here's to hoping he can bring it to market for under US$1K -- I'll definitely shell out the dosh for that!

And it was nice to see Colin one last time before he moved out of the area. Here's to hoping he still wanders back this way once in a while.