New RSA amp...

penger

Billy, no one hears from you in over a month then you come back and whack your

mouth off... Put up or shut up. My guess is that although the chassis is complete, the

circuit boards are still prototypes, otherwise pictures would have been supplied.

Anyone know billy's paypal address, i'll send the money now.

And then billy, take it out of your hide later...

Can you still get a cup of coffee at starbucks for $5 ??

Nope sir I will not fall for your words, besides is fun to see all the "know-it-all" people run their mouths..

anyone who knows Ray knows there is at least 2 or 3 circuit boards made LONG before any chassis is complete.

So where were you wrong in my quotes KG?????

and yes i can easily get a $5 coffee at Starbucks!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching for maestro insides pictures now...

WCF driving high impedance cable load, even internally loaded with 150 ohms ??

got to be nasty. At least if the stealth was used that way it would be pure class A.

I think you have the 2 flip-flopped.

The original purpose of the WCF was driving cables. its performance is independent of load as long as its not too low.

SRPP on the other hand is totally load dependent. SRPP can come out of class-A without clipping audibly, and gets wrecked driving anything but its optimal load. the idea of driving a 32 or 300 ohm load off of the same SRPP output stage frightens me...

I kinda wonder why Mikhail or Ray didn't try to rig up something using a concertina/cathodyne to feed the balanced frenzy..

If the ES-1 is what everyone says it is, it has a long-tail-pair input stage. the disadvantage of a LTP is you dont get as much gain, BUT you gain PSRR. A "Williamson style" concertina has more gain, but practically no PSRR... LTP can take a balanced input and claim "fully balanced", not that that really matters on head-fi as long as it has XLR in and out.

A concertina is also somewhat sensative to how the outputs are loaded. The 2 plate outs from a LTP have equal Zo, where the "plate" and "cathode" outs on a concertina are not even close. miller capacatances or a resistive load screws the balance up.

anyone who knows Ray knows there is at least 2 or 3 circuit boards made LONG before any chassis is complete.

A real designer would rough his design out on paper taking a few iterations if necessary, P2P his prototype, tune 3 parts, and make 1 circuit board.

A concertina is also somewhat sensative to how the outputs are loaded. The 2 plate outs from a LTP have equal Zo, where the "plate" and "cathode" outs on a concertina are not even close. miller capacatances or a resistive load screws the balance up.

oh I wasn't implying that they'd do it right or that it was a good choice...don't get me wrong.. just curious why they didn't attempt to do it then screw it up ...

Guest sacd lover
hey Dikongod..

An Educated Forum member would Think that Said Subjects total process was not complete in the other members quotes, Go fuck himself, add a splash of salt, and make 1 half ass decent reply.

Could one of you Billyologists interpret this for me?

Could one of you Billyologists interpret this for me?

LOL i love you!

i said he did not get the entire process RS goes threw when designing an amp since he took my quotes directed towards what KG said only.

told him to add a splash of salt

told him to fuck himself

anyway back to the thrash talking of RSA...

LOL i love you!

i said he did not get the entire process RS goes threw when designing an amp since he took my quotes directed towards what KG said only.

told him to add a splash of salt

told him to fuck himself

anyway back to the thrash talking of RSA...

You need another vacation Billy?

You need another vacation Billy?

omg yeah! been working my ass off, hell i might be flying out to the National on Saturday mourning of the meet cause i cant find a replacement.

Damn Nate your good, you must of sense the tension in my replies and automatically come to the conclusion of me needing some time off..

A+ job!

omg yeah! been working my ass off, hell i might be flying out to the National on Saturday mourning of the meet cause i cant find a replacement.

Damn Nate your good, you must of sense the tension in my replies and automatically come to the conclusion of me needing some time off..

A+ job!

I just sense a little extra douchiness and knew there had to be a reason. :)

Guest sacd lover

4 x 5687 for the output tubes per the latest info .... that makes a lot more sense. Since he has been using 5687s all along two 6sn7s never did make sense, given just two 5687s would have more power. Some spec sheets say the 5687 has a 300 volt plate max but others say 500 volts.

4 x 5687 for the output tubes per the latest info .... that makes a lot more sense. Since he has been using 5687s all along two 6sn7s never did make sense, given just two 5687s would have more power. Some spec sheets say the 5687 has a 300 volt plate max but others say 500 volts.

I wonder if it's one of those cases where 300V is the officially sanctioned value, but they seem to work okay at higher voltages in practice? Still seems a bit on the low side for stats.

Since the four tubes along the rear don't match I'm guessing that would make the four 5687s the ones surrounding the 12AX7 in the middle? It's an interesting layout if that's the case.

DEFINITELY !!

I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. Can we assume your KGBHSE has shipped yet?

It has not, but you'll know when you see posts over at HF from the excited people ahead of me loudly announcing their shipping notifications. ;)

It has not, but you'll know when you see posts over at HF from the excited people ahead of me loudly announcing their shipping notifications. ;)

What headphones will you be using with the KGBHSE?

I now have Stax O2 Mk1, O2 Mk2, Sennheiser HE60, HE Audio Jade, woodied Gamma/Smegma Pro and SR-003 (plus a few normal bias that wont work on the A-10 or BH). I sold Blutarsky the ESP950 which may end up back with me some day...

I have the OII MKI and SR-X MKIII now. Depending on other variables, I may or may not acquire more electrostatic headphones, but as of right now that's completely unknown. My BHSE has Pro and Normal jacks to accomodate everything short of Senns.

Nope, it'll be my only electrostatic amp. I sold my former SRM-1 MKII because I lost interest in a future comparison, didn't see much of a point to do one. I doubt anyone would've cared about my opinion anyway since the SRM-1 MKII vastly underpowers the OII, and I have no interest in acquiring an SRM-717.