Audio Technica headphone question -- closest to leatherhead?

Dusty Chalk

Thanks for your suggestion. Well I like the vtg and the 650, however would it be a good deal right now to trade my 650 + cash for w5000 just so to try another new headphone?

Meanwhile cd3000 and w11jpn are on my list of wanted list.

Sounds like a good trade to me. At worst, you can just sell off the W5000, if its' sound or fit doesn't jive with you. I definitely dug the W5000 in the year or so I owned them.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A used W5000 is worth about five fiddy or so. And the W1000x is ALREADY out btw.

A friend of mine has the W1000x, and has owned the W5000 in the past. He says the W5000 sounds better overall because its more refined + better details. He says they are kinda cut from the same cloth though. I really want to hear the W1000x.

Yeah, I am curious too. The only A-Ts I have run into that I cared for thus far were the ESW9/10.

You might like Simone through the VTGs. When I first got mine, Opeth's Watershed album was still pretty hot, and, as flawed as the album is overall, the first track sounds pretty great when the chick comes in (through VTGs).

You might like Simone through the VTGs. When I first got mine, Opeth's Watershed album was still pretty hot, and, as flawed as the album is overall, the first track sounds pretty great when the chick comes in (through VTGs).

I am definitely curious about those and the w11jpn. Never got into Watershed at all, its the most disappointing album I have bought in a long time.

It isn't so shiny in real life, the photo makes it more reflective.

I don't think anyone ever refers to the W5000 as the Raffinato, nor would anyone talk about their Grandioso. That would sound stupid.

What's really stupid is talking about "my Omegas" plural when referring to only one headphone. What about when you're talking about two headphones? The whole pair of headphones, pair of pants thing is stupid, it's one single piece isn't it?

It isn't so shiny in real life, the photo makes it more reflective.

I don't think anyone ever refers to the W5000 as the Raffinato, nor would anyone talk about their Grandioso. That would sound stupid.

What's really stupid is talking about "my Omegas" plural when referring to only one headphone. What about when you're talking about two headphones? The whole pair of headphones, pair of pants thing is stupid, it's one single piece isn't it?

There are two legs on a pair of pants and two cups on a pair of headphones.