LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) Volume Control

Tachikoma

milspec is too dagerous for such a simple design, it would kill all the civilian components... Collateral damage should never be taken lightly.

Anyway, I popped a pair of batteries in the case, attached it to one of the LEDs to make sure it was nice and bright... it was a small supernova for about 1 millisecond before a fizzle and funny, yet familiar smell of burning. It seems two 1.5V batteries are a bit much for a 2.4v LED. Will pick up some 5v ones later.

So anymore thoughts on my crossfeed idea? no light - stereo, full light mono. adjusted - variable mix, running parallel to the normal singnal.

Haha, I forgot about other LEDs in the circuit/case, too. Mm, nothing like males with black nail polish.

Just put a resistor in series before the LED, no point in lighting up the entire case, and if you open it up, the entire room, with the LEDs. The photocells might not be able to handle such brightness anyway. LEDs typically only need a few milliamps to be bright enough.