DIY assistance

Upstateguy

My Zhaolu won't receive a coax or optical signal....I can hear a current rush through the headphones when I power it up, but then it goes to mute.. and then nothing.... Headphone amp module doesn't work either.

I use it for late night TV with an M^3, but it stopped working yesterday. It just goes to mute after I turn it on.

Here are some pics, maybe some of the DIYers can spot what's wrong with it. All the leds inside light up and the muting led flashes. Nothing looks burnt or leaking, what do you guys think?

Thanks for taking a look.

USG

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I would start out by checking all the voltages from the regulators. I would then look into the relays and associated circuit for the mute. After that it's any ones guess. I would say there is a better chance of something physically failing than a solid state component failure.

I would start out by checking all the voltages from the regulators. I would then look into the relays and associated circuit for the mute. After that it's any ones guess. I would say there is a better chance of something physically failing than a solid state component failure.

I wish I knew how to do that. :(

I can probably swap out a part or two if I knew which ones to change but anything more is over my head. :(

Bummer.

USG