New Woo Audio Electrostatic Headphone Amp!

Voltron

Merely commenting upon the sudden surfeit of extreme electrostat amps (awesome or otherwise) that will shortly be available to the common folk, my good man. ;)

CanJam is certainly shaping up to be a tour de force of high-end stat amps. From the commercial to DIY scene it seems like a good time to love high-voltage. :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that is amazing, I like its look over all the other Woo amps. And it's in silver!!! Good news for me if I wanted to buy one. :)

Damn, CanJam '09 is going to be a new-gear madhouse for everyone attending!

I do prefer the new look vs the transformers poking up out of the top of the other amps.

I wonder if the power supply can take a pair of those big Sophia Princess 274b rectifier's, as that is the best one I have found for my WA6.

Should we give it a try on pricing?

I estimate 4.5k.

I doubt you will be far off. As I said over there, "Wild speculation: cheaper than the BHSE stock, more expensive with Woo's usual upgrade packages"

Well below the A-10, but it is unfortunate that people will miss out on all that awesome pre-amp action ;)

It looks good but I'm not sure about those "glass" shields to be honest. I do wonder what circuit they are using for the fully balanced operation. The GES circuit would need more tubes so is this a Stax SRX?

What we really need to know though is if we can go plugging the TakeT into this or the A10 as well as the BHSE :D

Do you want to see some flames? :P

It looks good but I'm not sure about those "glass" shields to be honest. I do wonder what circuit they are using for the fully balanced operation. The GES circuit would need more tubes so is this a Stax SRX?

Do you want to see some flames? :P

I would assume it is a 6SL7 as a differential amplifier, 2nd 6SL7 drives the EL34 outputs

dude! its tube Rectified, thats serious cheese rite there!

when Jack builds an amp, he does it rite actually!

the two power switches are for each side, left and right channels???

also he should take the glass off and use it like a shield for on the tube sockets like the b52 has, slant the sides a bit..on top of the power supply he should use glass instead of the metal discs