DIY Mini Meet in Austin

swt61

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swt61: um... "yay"

I need to do a bit of surgery to a board, could you bring the smallest drill bit you happen to have?

... nothing fancy this time, mostly listening .. and repairing the odd smoking build. standard fare.

I'll bring my drill index.

Ooooo, sweet. I am hoping to see a lot of electrostat amps, maybe a stacker, and LCDuinos involved.

If my stacker had not looked like this after a run in with the postal service, I would have sent it off to Texas for a visit.

PDRM2521.jpg

I am sure there is going to more than enough to keep you busy with ..dB

quick reply. Finally got the F5 running last night with the K1K. A bit of hum in one channel that we need to work out. Other is dead silent, so it's a wiring issue I'm sure. We though one channel was dead for a while, even though everything measured correctly. Somehow the input came loose on the source side :palm:

In summary, the BH had a loose fet heatsink (fixed), the Vulcan came up ok, very stable, looking good, but plugging in a XLR to RCA adapter sent a 450v cap archy-sparky right in Marc's face (blew out the side, not the top), so gotta fix (or replace) the PSU, and she is good to go.

Raven is a complete cluster fuck. I wired the rectifier backwards (you know the old is that a top or bottom view on the tube spec sheet), but even with good b+ the boards were a complete mystery. It took longer than it should have due to my lack of due diligence, but would have been better off leaving it at home. She is headed to the back of the line - again. I have a couple of pics - sadly, not of the blast - which I literally heard from outside through Marc's front door.

We had it all - a surprise visit by Alex Cavalli, and a clinic by Dr Wood on how to build a workbench. Amazing to be in Austin when Austin City Limits is going on, and checking out NO live music.

Oh, and if ANYONE knows where to find M8 x.75 nuts for a Noble pot, do give me a shout out.