CanJam Gear to Check Out

boomana

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm my only "must-listens" would be Pico Slim, HD800, PS1000, 5400ES, and any good bargain digital sources that may show up.

All the other stuff (BHSE, Smyth, etc) would only be if I had extra time, because I really only care to listen to stuff that I might buy.

That said, I'm more interested in just meeting all the Head-Casers.

Smyth research is on the top of my list. That may be the one thing I end up buying at the end of the year. I heard it last year but it is worth another wait in line, it is that good.

The HD800 with a Luxman, if possible. It is the only other thing I am considering purchasing this year.

BHSE and Woo stat amp with the O2 and Jade.

The new creations from Eddie Current.

That is exactly my list of things to check out too (Plus PS-1000, and want to hear R10 once more).

I just wish I could bring my O2, Jade, HE60, K1000 and HD600 with me, but I am traveling light with my young son and only bringing the HD600 - which I can use with any 1/8" or 1/4" out, and 4-pin XLR or dual 3-pin XLR amps.

The number one thing on my list is Ironbut's Technics as I have the same set up sans the tape path mods and I am interested in hearing if I am missing out on anything. He also has many more of the Tape Projects tapes than I do so that will be interesting.

I would like to try the Smyth thing as the Beyer version I heard last year at a Jersey meet was pretty sorry but the idea is intriguing.

The TTVJ 307a amp is a must for me as is the Luxman P1.

I definitely intend to do some Vinyl shopping at the Eastwind booth. Too bad we couldn't wrangle someone like Acoustic Sounds to bring a booth like they bring to the big audio shows as I have not been hitting my quotas on Vinyl purchases this year.

The only other thing of interest might be some high end digital players to see if I can do better than the ever growing collection I have here.